Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas Gold but booked on EK flight #

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2013, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Help please!

I have return flights Brisbane to Dublin booked with Emirates, I am a QF gold, and a Skywards Silver.

the flights are booked as EK and I am using my skywards # as I want to build my EK status - Can I use my Gold Qantas FF card to access Emirates lounges if I do not enter my QFF# for the Emirates flights???

Thanks!
Old Oct 10, 2013, 2:57 pm

You should be able to. I was able to use QF lounges based on my EK status, even though the BP showed my basic QFF status
Old Oct 10, 2013, 6:43 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by svaizie
Help please!

I have return flights Brisbane to Dublin booked with Emirates, I am a QF gold, and a Skywards Silver.

the flights are booked as EK and I am using my skywards # as I want to build my EK status - Can I use my Gold Qantas FF card to access Emirates lounges if I do not enter my QFF# for the Emirates flights???

Thanks!
You can have several FF numbers in one reservation.

For example: EK for earning and QF for status recognition and lounge access.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
You can have several FF numbers in one reservation.

For example: EK for earning and QF for status recognition and lounge access.
I thought you could only have multiple FF numbers if you're flying more than 1 airline: e.g. a booking containing EK and CX allows me to enter separate FF for each airline.

Never heard you could have different FF numbers on the same flight/boarding pass? The OP just needs to show QFs Gold card to get access to the lounges, priority check in/boarding, and excess baggage.

Just for the record I've done this multiple times with QF domestically. But also have done it flying EY (base tier) and showing my VA Gold card to get the extra allowance.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
In Dubai EK have a Silver lounge though its in Terminal 1. Personnally I prefer it exept for the long walk.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Originally Posted by edy4eva
I thought you could only have multiple FF numbers if you're flying more than 1 airline: e.g. a booking containing EK and CX allows me to enter separate FF for each airline.

Never heard you could have different FF numbers on the same flight/boarding pass?
I agree with edy4eva, only one FF per sector. On the other hand, in my experience, showing cards and having it printed on the boarding pass are not always equivalent, for example LH requires a card, BP is not good enough. The reverse is true for UA clubs in some cases...
Old Oct 10, 2013, 9:29 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
I agree with edy4eva, only one FF per sector. On the other hand, in my experience, showing cards and having it printed on the boarding pass are not always equivalent, for example LH requires a card, BP is not good enough. The reverse is true for UA clubs in some cases...
I'm astonished that UA Clubs even have an entry criteria. They would be about the last place you'd want to be in some airports.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 10:39 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by edy4eva

Never heard you could have different FF numbers on the same flight/boarding pass? The OP just needs to show QFs Gold card to get access to the lounges, priority check in/boarding, and excess baggage.

Just for the record I've done this multiple times with QF domestically. But also have done it flying EY (base tier) and showing my VA Gold card to get the extra allowance.
Untrue. Only 1 shows on the BP yes.

Real life example:

I redeem AA miles for reservation on QF metal.

Milage Redemption FF # is AA
I call AA to add in my QF FF # for status and lounge access (would be able to access the lounge anyway with boarding pass, but the QFF # allows better seat selection).

Have done with same with EY and VA as well as AA miles for a BA flight.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 3:28 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
It theory quite simple. The booking can have two frequent numbers. FQTV and FQTS. The one is for milage earning (FQTV) and the other one is for Status (FQTS). Every ticketing ticketing agent or travel agent can put your info into the system like that.

WARNING!!!!

This is grey theory. Most airline systems ignore one of the fields. So the usually mess up the system.

You can change the frequent flyer numbers at every point e.g. to use it to get a better seat or enhance your upgrade chances. The last point is the gate agent which can change your FF-Number.
You can get perks even if the number is not in the system: So showing your card does give you usually lounge access and prio-checkin.

If the LD refuses let her change the FF-Number when entering and change it back when leaving.

WARNING!!!!
There is no 100% guarantee that the miles end in the correct account. The data is copied to the FF-Program in a bit outdated way. So you end up getting miles in the wrong account. Depending on the FF-Programs you can try to get them canceled in one account and then retrocredited in the other account.
So be careful and expect a little work afterwards if the points show up in the wrong program.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! seems like am good and will be able to access the lounges with my Gold QF card, I think I will check with my Travel agent regarding having the 2 FF#s in the system..
Old Oct 11, 2013, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Search for FQTV, FQTS amongst others.

I use this with AirNZ flight to get the benefits of Gold Elite Status while crediting to Velocity.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-n...e-earn-ua.html
Old Oct 12, 2013, 3:18 am

I am soon to reach qf gold and will be travelling from Warsaw to dxb on qf lflight operated by emirates. I will not have card as it will only have just qualified to gold, will Iberia allowed access into Ek lounge (not operated by Ek but one they use for their premium pax) at WaW airport? Thanks
Old Oct 12, 2013, 3:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by appleosprey
I am soon to reach qf gold and will be travelling from Warsaw to dxb on qf lflight operated by emirates. I will not have card as it will only have just qualified to gold, will Iberia allowed access into Ek lounge (not operated by Ek but one they use for their premium pax) at WaW airport? Thanks
Gold membership only provides for EK lounge access

If you were on a OW flight , then you would be entitled to use the IB lounge
Old Oct 12, 2013, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Gold membership only provides for EK lounge access

If you were on a OW flight , then you would be entitled to use the IB lounge
Ok thanks, it is a qf flight but the actual aircraft is Ek so I guess that won't allow access. Not to worry, as long as we get access in dxb that's all that matters for 5 hour change
Old Oct 12, 2013, 3:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by appleosprey
Ok thanks, it is a qf flight but the actual aircraft is Ek so I guess that won't allow access. Not to worry, as long as we get access in dxb that's all that matters for 5 hour change
OW Lounge access policy affords access when flight both marketed and operated by a OW carrier

Codeshare on EK means it is operated by a non OW carrier

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.