Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF International Arrivals Lounge Melbourne

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2012, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, Accor Platinum, Discovery Titanium, Bonvoy Gold, Ultima

Hello, I did a quick search but couldn't find the answer - is there a QF arrivals lounge with shower facilities in Melbourne (international arrivals) please?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 7:26 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Short answer - no.

Dave
Old Mar 9, 2012, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Dave, that's what I thought. Seems like an unfortunate omission from the excellent QF lounge roster.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:22 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by Conkers
Hello, I did a quick search but couldn't find the answer - is there a QF arrivals lounge with shower facilities in Melbourne (international arrivals) please?

Thanks in advance.
QF does not have any arrivals lounges. In fact, I don't think there any landside lounges in Australia period.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:04 am

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
If you are connecting to a DOM QF or JQ flight you can use the QP or J lounges however, other than that it's barren lounge landscape for incoming traffic.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 2:48 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Technically possible to use the QF Domestic lounge and the J Lounge at MEL if your incoming flight is on QF in F/J. Allowed 1 guest. The terminals at MEL are walking distance from each other.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 4:51 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
No international landside lounges, domestically you have the DJ MEL lounge.

Even SYD Airport managers claim they dont see the business case in an Arrivals.

Given the number of early morning long-haul arrivals, the fact you normally cant checkin to a hotel till 2pm (occasionally earlier) unless paying for an extra night not used, this has always surprised me...
Old Mar 10, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Himeno
QF does not have any arrivals lounges. In fact, I don't think there any landside lounges in Australia period.
The Virgin domestic lounge in MEL is airside, ie. before security. Even paying the charge to enter the lounge, you still require a Virgin boarding passs.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by QF Lad
The Virgin domestic lounge in MEL is airside, ie. before security. Even paying the charge to enter the lounge, you still require a Virgin boarding passs.
You mean it's landside, and that may be the only one, necessitated by the security/pier layout in T3.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone.

I arrive at 0725 on a Cathay flight and am leaving for AKL on the 1730 QF flight. I have meetings in town that day, but obviously no hotel, and I am just trying to see whether I can have a shower. Are there showers in the F lounge when I depart that afternoon please?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:51 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Showers in the F Intl lounge for departure, as well as some good food!

With no other access in the morning, I would walk into the Qantas Domestic Terminal, go through security (no boarding pass needed) and enter the Domestic Qantas Club (you have a sameday flight on a oneworld airline (admittedly international) so should get access)
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:04 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by moa999
...Given the number of early morning long-haul arrivals, the fact you normally cant checkin to a hotel till 2pm (occasionally earlier) unless paying for an extra night not used, this has always surprised me...
Originally Posted by moa999
...With no other access in the morning, I would walk into the Qantas Domestic Terminal, go through security (no boarding pass needed) and enter the Domestic Qantas Club (you have a sameday flight on a oneworld airline (admittedly international) so should get access)
The Oneworld lounge access rules have been reworded to say "same day departure" instead of "flight" so there is no longer a right of access, but up to QF if they choose to let you in or not (generally would).

As for hotels, several in SYD have created an "arrivals lounge" of their own for those early-morning arrivals. For example the Harbour Marriott does this, so you can have a shower and leave luggage even if not able to check-in. Don't think any MEL hotels offer this service, but worth asking.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:00 am

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
Originally Posted by Conkers
Thanks everyone.

I arrive at 0725 on a Cathay flight and am leaving for AKL on the 1730 QF flight. I have meetings in town that day, but obviously no hotel, and I am just trying to see whether I can have a shower. Are there showers in the F lounge when I depart that afternoon please?
Flounge is really very good - good showers but no baths.

Get there early as you won't be disappointed
Old Mar 11, 2012, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Many thanks everyone, very helpful.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 4:09 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by number_6
The Oneworld lounge access rules have been reworded to say "same day departure" instead of "flight" so there is no longer a right of access, but up to QF if they choose to let you in or not (generally would).
as it appears to be a same day departure and not just on a OW carrier but QF, I should imagine there would be no difficulty gaining access to the Dom lounge on arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.