Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Value of Platinum (published or unpublished) benefit to create classic award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Value of Platinum (published or unpublished) benefit to create classic award

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2016, 2:04 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by TheAirman
So if I can't see it as confirmed on cmt, then there is no luck. Or do I definately have to call again as the result is not visible on cmt ? I am just asking as on cmt it looks excatly like it looked from the very start.
Don't know about CMT. I have only used "my bookings" when I log into the QF web site. It's pretty clear on the outcome when doing that.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:58 am

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
Originally Posted by MOR

(1) QF 18 EZE-SYD, 14 January 2012 - I rang to request a classic award in J. I was told that this request could not even be sent to revenue management because it was only J4 on that flight, ie. the only seats available on the whole flight available were 4 Business class seats. Fair enough I thought.

I am in a similar situation now. I asked for an award for HKG-MEL to be requested and they told me that the revenue class was not even available so they couldn't even send it off to revenue management.
No D and I showed as available but only as D4 I4 - does the number of seats matter ?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:52 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheAirman
I am in a similar situation now. I asked for an award for HKG-MEL to be requested and they told me that the revenue class was not even available so they couldn't even send it off to revenue management.
No D and I showed as available but only as D4 I4 - does the number of seats matter ?
I have had requests rejected when EF was showing D9 I9. This was on SYD-HNL-SYD.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:17 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
As I have said before, some routes and specific periods including days of the week are blocked. In some cases the agent is trained to say no immediately, others the droid is set to reject.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
Wow, my old thread from November 2011 has come back to life.

That was the holiday to Rio de Janeiro in January 2012. Seems like a lifetime ago. So much water under the bridge since then.

Rio was great. Even managed to survive without being mugged (just).

And Qantas never did open those award seats I asked about in November 2011 when they still flew to EZE. (I see I was also asking about F on QF29 at the start of this thread. F on QF29 is also ancient history, and we never got those award seats, I remember I ended up flying CX J leaving just after midnight).

We ended up flying back to Australia on LAN. Long trip, but nice in Lan J.

Last edited by QF Lad; Aug 11, 2017 at 8:47 am
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:41 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
i was amazed how easy it was as WP. i heard all rumor now i have seen it.

hkg-bne in 2wk. flight loading looked light both econ and business (I7D9C9D9 sort of situation). but website search showed absolute no classic award available for business.

called up can you make business classic reward available? after on hold 30 seconds agent comes back yup all confirmed. it was literally that easy...

added benefit, she said 48 hr ticketing deadline, but i asked for longer as my meeting schedule not certain till next week. no problem she can hold the booking longer for me. wow thats service.

60k aint the best burn rate but i am no short of SC so i thought why not... all sales fare for business is gone so relatively good value.

thx QF. you have definitely won me over
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:04 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fakecd
i was amazed how easy it was as WP. i heard all rumor now i have seen it.

hkg-bne in 2wk. flight loading looked light both econ and business (I7D9C9D9 sort of situation). but website search showed absolute no classic award available for business.

called up can you make business classic reward available? after on hold 30 seconds agent comes back yup all confirmed. it was literally that easy...

added benefit, she said 48 hr ticketing deadline, but i asked for longer as my meeting schedule not certain till next week. no problem she can hold the booking longer for me. wow thats service.

60k aint the best burn rate but i am no short of SC so i thought why not... all sales fare for business is gone so relatively good value.

thx QF. you have definitely won me over
That’s good to hear. Too bad it doesn’t happen like that on some other routes such as SYD-LAX and SYD-HNL.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
For LAX-SYD, a recent experience (14 days out LAX-SYD). J9C9D7I4, no go. They seem to be more willing to offer 744 than 388. Trying to figure out the magic recipe!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.