Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Non-status QP member access to LAX TBIT oneworld lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2010, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: QP Life, AA Nothing, QF Bronze

Having read the QF website I'm 90% sure I know the answer, but I would like to confirm with a member's recent experience.

Is there any doubt that a QP member will be able to access the oneworld lounge in the LAX TBIT terminal? The QF site says that it is a genuine QP, but other info I have read on FT says that it is a oneworld lounge, which would tend to indicate that it is available to Sapphires and Emeralds only.

I am hoping to hear some recent experience from a non-status QP member who has departed from the LAX TBIT terminal.

If there is any doubt whatsover about access, I will stay in T4 after my connecting flight. If not, I would rather be over in TBIT.

Thanks.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 6:37 am

Programs: Plastic Fantastic! - QF, DJ, AF, NZ, DL etc..
well i was a QP NB and got in pre qf94 circa 2008....
Old Sep 23, 2010, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Thanks for that. The lounges changed not so long ago from individual airline lounges to a oneworld lounge, but I have received recent information to reassure me that QP membership is enough to access the TBIT lounge.

Thanks again to the wider FT knowledge.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 10:16 pm

Programs: SQ/PPS SOLITAIRE, QF/CC, AA,UA
But note that your flight must be on QF, AA or BA for access at your status
Old Sep 28, 2010, 2:37 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by lesluxford
But note that your flight must be on QF, AA or BA for access at your status
That is true for AC access in the US; but both LAX lounges are QP and not just AC so you have the same access rules for QP membership as in Oz for both T4 and TBIT. While the new TBIT lounge is called a Oneworld lounge, it is also a Qantas Club
Old Sep 28, 2010, 2:58 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by number_6
That is true for AC access in the US; but both LAX lounges are QP and not just AC so you have the same access rules for QP membership as in Oz for both T4 and TBIT. While the new TBIT lounge is called a Oneworld lounge, it is also a Qantas Club
But for the OP, who is an NB QP member, this isn't really appropriate - the flight will need to be on QF or BA (AA is irrelevant, they don't fly out of TBIT) in order to be granted access.

Dave
Old Sep 28, 2010, 3:12 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Didn't know about TBIT also being a QP. Thanks! ^
Old Sep 28, 2010, 3:25 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by thadocta
But for the OP, who is an NB QP member, this isn't really appropriate - the flight will need to be on QF or BA (AA is irrelevant, they don't fly out of TBIT) in order to be granted access.

Dave
I've never had a QP membership, but isn't it like AC membership? Anytime access to any QP, regardless of airline being flown? The airline requirement is only for other lounges that aren't QP but with negotiated access rights (such as AC and BA lounges). Which makes that QP designation rather important at times (too bad HNL lost it!).
Old Sep 28, 2010, 3:28 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
I've never had a QP membership, but isn't it like AC membership? Anytime access to any QP, regardless of airline being flown? The airline requirement is only for other lounges that aren't QP but with negotiated access rights (such as AC and BA lounges). Which makes that QP designation rather important at times (too bad HNL lost it!).
Nope, a QP member MUST be flying on a QF flight to access a QP, an AA flight to access an AC, and a BA flight to access a BA lounge (whatever genre it is) - so, must be flying on the carrier that day to access that lounge.

Dave
Old Sep 28, 2010, 3:37 pm
Original Member

So WP benefit is greater than QP paid membership (WP has anytime QP access). Making the QP designation for lounges outside Oz significant only for WPs. QF does have a rather strange mix of lounges that are/are not QP designated. I guess WP is more valuable than I realized.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Also, QP members can access Qantas "Internation business lounges" and "Qantas Clubs" before JQ flights.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 6:17 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I guess WP is more valuable than I realized.
Especially since WPs can access domestic Oz QPs without needing a BP to get through security.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 7:08 pm

Programs: QF WP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Europcar Privilege Elite, Velocity Platinum
Originally Posted by og
Especially since WPs can access domestic Oz QPs without needing a BP to get through security.
Well, anyone can do that given that you don't need a BP to access any domestic terminal in Aus.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by bugayev
Well, anyone can do that given that you don't need a BP to access any domestic terminal in Aus.
Well, one does in the USA or many other countries around the world.

My wife and I used the MEL QP as an arrivals lounge off QF10 Sunday morning.@:-)
Old Sep 28, 2010, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

I'm departing of QF10late, so it looks like I'm good to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.