Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: LHR-EWR-HNL rt in P (business/first), $2500

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances

UA: LHR-EWR-HNL rt in P (business/first) for $2500

All lie flat segments, Polaris, very limited dates.

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/?hl...110;sc=f;a=-S4
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Can this be done through other UA hubs?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:24 pm

Extremely limited availability

50-day AP. Very limited, but other connection points (ORD) are available for around $2,700. In all cases 11+ hour layovers in both directions and 5-6 day stopover (just by availability).
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: JPrivilege, DL, UA, JAL, ANA, Krisflyer, Korean, AsiaMiles, BA, AA, EY, EK, Virgin, avianca, Iberia
VS/DL

£2100 LHR-LAX-KOA(or HNL or Maui).
Virgin upper class with chauffeur (I fare).
DL first (P)

Limited dates. Considering chauffeur and clubhouse + price, worth considering esp if you have other airline FF (in case not interested in flying club).

Eg this itinerary gets 36k miles in many partners due to P and I fare class.

Catch of of course at least 1 night stop over in LAX. All flights direct.

Last edited by vivek314; Sep 9, 2017 at 2:50 pm
Old Sep 10, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by vivek314
£2100 LHR-LAX-KOA(or HNL or Maui).
Virgin upper class with chauffeur (I fare).
DL first (P)

Limited dates. Considering chauffeur and clubhouse + price, worth considering esp if you have other airline FF (in case not interested in flying club).

Eg this itinerary gets 36k miles in many partners due to P and I fare class.

Catch of of course at least 1 night stop over in LAX. All flights direct.
Sadly I've only been able to find two departure dates in November and nothing more
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: JPrivilege, DL, UA, JAL, ANA, Krisflyer, Korean, AsiaMiles, BA, AA, EY, EK, Virgin, avianca, Iberia
Originally Posted by wmaciej
Sadly I've only been able to find two departure dates in November and nothing more
I have booked the following:

19 dec 2017 LHR LAX (VS23)
22 dec LAX KOA (DL1298)
27 dec KOA LAX (DL2441)
02 Jan 2018 LAX LHR (VS24)

As we wanted to go to KOA and not HNL, we had to settle for the recliner type first class (but delta have fitted out all these aircraft with the newest seats + wifi ETC). Had we chosen to stop over in HNL or just go there instead of KOA, then you can select the flat bed product on delta as well as american.

On this date, american didn't have 3 seats at the fare that we booked so we booked virgin instead. This fare was available on american as well as BA. I am not a fan of BA and actively avoid using them, but if you want silver on BA, then that is the way to go.

Virgin atlantic's seats are not as good as american's new 777-300 seats, but we have never tried their clubhouse before (apparently rivals many first class lounges) and this is the new 787 with the newest seats. Plus we get chauffeur service as well (that is easily worth a total saving of £300 where we stay in UK and LA) so thought why not. And the service will definitely be much better than american.

a quick check on google flights shows the fare as 2274 now on all carriers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.