Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] OW/ST Business fares AMS/PRG/BUD-LAS/BOS/WAS/PHL/YYZ and more...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] OW/ST Business fares AMS/PRG/BUD-LAS/BOS/WAS/PHL/YYZ and more...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
OK I am thinking of PRG-LHR-DFW-MIA-LAS RT which is about 40k EQM, but, I cannot get it to work on AA.com via bookwithmatrix. I had it earlier today, but I get "system error" message when booking through AA.com now. Anyone know what can be wrong? Tried couple computers and various browsers and still same message.
Something similar happened to me. Not sure about the reason. I simply restarted a new search on ita, maybe by selecting different flight numbers (same flights but different codeshare numbers), with a fresh session of bookwithmatrix.com and eventually aa.com responded...
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by palmanfr
Something similar happened to me. Not sure about the reason. I simply restarted a new search on ita, maybe by selecting different flight numbers (same flights but different codeshare numbers), with a fresh session of bookwithmatrix.com and eventually aa.com responded...
Tried that, perhaps it really needs to be new session on matrix, this time it worked on first try. Thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:17 am

SkyTeam - AMS to some eastern North America destinations in J - ~1500 EUR

YYZ, YUL, ORD, MIA, NYC, IAD

YVR, PDX for a bit more

Example dates:
https://goo.gl/flights/jzmx

Edit: Appears to be SkyTeam matching the OneWorld sale in the other thread, similar O/D available around the same prices. Perhaps a thread merge is more suitable.

Last edited by YYCCL3; Aug 10, 2017 at 9:30 am Reason: matching fare
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Just pulled the trigger on:

ARN-HEL (AY)
HEL-ORD (AY)
ORD-LAS (AA)

LAS-LAX (AA)
LAX-MIA (AA) 77W
MIA-LHR (BA) A380
LHR-AMS (BA)

$1659.46

Probably could have done better if I really put some work into it but I'll tale the 28,000 MQM's that will push me to PLAT for the year.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: BA
You can price it out for the transcontinental in F both ways however the AA booking system will try to reprice it. It can be ticketed.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by BABenchley
You can price it out for the transcontinental in F both ways however the AA booking system will try to reprice it. It can be ticketed.
BABenchley pardon my ignorance but how do you do that?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by MCI777
Just pulled the trigger on:

ARN-HEL (AY)
HEL-ORD (AY)
ORD-LAS (AA)

LAS-LAX (AA)
LAX-MIA (AA) 77W
MIA-LHR (BA) A380
LHR-AMS (BA)

$1659.46

Probably could have done better if I really put some work into it but I'll tale the 28,000 MQM's that will push me to PLAT for the year.
Mind giving some guidance in how you were able to price this up, only returning prices in the £2,500 + price range on ITA Matrix.

Many thanks, Pilot37
Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
I really like this fare - very tempted to pull the trigger
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Mind giving some guidance in how you were able to price this up, only returning prices in the £2,500 + price range on ITA Matrix.

Many thanks, Pilot37
I tried to recreate my itinerary and I had to alter slightly but I did this under multi-city option:

19-OCT - ARN - ORD (wasn't't able to get Vegas to work) put aa aa aa under routing codes

25-Nov - LAS - LAX
25-Nov - LAX - JFK (shows up as "A" class which is First. Not sure if it's bookable but a post above says it is.)
25- NOV JFK - AMS

TOTAL: $1685

Hope this helps!
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA
If you code it through BA codes it will give you the option on the transcontinental sectors.

It also depends on the fair code being available at the time of purchase.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by MCI777
I tried to recreate my itinerary and I had to alter slightly but I did this under multi-city option:

19-OCT - ARN - ORD (wasn't't able to get Vegas to work) put aa aa aa under routing codes

25-Nov - LAS - LAX
25-Nov - LAX - JFK (shows up as "A" class which is First. Not sure if it's bookable but a post above says it is.)
25- NOV JFK - AMS

TOTAL: $1685

Hope this helps!
Many thanks MCI777 I think the 7 day minimum was my issue.

Pilot37
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by BABenchley
If you code it through BA codes it will give you the option on the transcontinental sectors.

It also depends on the fair code being available at the time of purchase.
Got it!
Many Thanks BABenchley ^
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:49 pm

Sorry guys, bit of a novice on ITA.
Been trying to pull the trigger on AMS-LHR-ORD-LAX-LAS RETURN(30th June for 7 nights) for the past 48 hours but AA keeps repricing my ticket. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Cheers
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by BlackisBack
Sorry guys, bit of a novice on ITA.
Been trying to pull the trigger on AMS-LHR-ORD-LAX-LAS RETURN(30th June for 7 nights) for the past 48 hours but AA keeps repricing my ticket. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Cheers
Hi BlackisBack,

Are you looking for 7 nights in Las Vegas for a vacation (i.e. shortest route), or a 7 nights with stops all around LA/LV/Chi, or a 7 nights in LV for MR (i.e. longest route)?

Regards,
Michael
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by shek3112
Hi BlackisBack,

Are you looking for 7 nights in Las Vegas for a vacation (i.e. shortest route), or a 7 nights with stops all around LA/LV/Chi, or a 7 nights in LV for MR (i.e. longest route)?

Regards,
Michael
Hi Shek312

I guess its 7 nights in LV for MR.

Looked like a nice enough fare and being the 4th of July weekend I thought why not make the most of it. I've tried working a few differnt routes but same result. Another one I tried was AMS-LHR-DFW-MIA-LAS but once
I go to get it ticketed AA shows a price upwards of $4500. Not sure if I'm missing something or doing something wrong.

Any help be great.

Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.