Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

MH/ EK: CMB to DXB Business Class $655 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold

Amazing fare to fly on EK J. Fly on the A380 both ways for $655 or 777 on the way out for a bit less. Books in Z class. Seems like 6.6cpm on AA with no status or potentially 3cpm with ExPlat. Earns almost 2000 EQD.

Wide open availability. Sample dates: https://www.google.com/flights/?gl#s...sc=b;a=MH;eo=e

Book direct on MH website to select A380 on both legs. Google flight only shows 777 on the outbound and A380 on the inbound.

Last edited by SQ88; May 18, 2017 at 12:19 pm
Old May 18, 2017, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by SQ88
Amazing fare to fly on EK J. Fly on the A380 both ways for $655 or 777 on the way out for a bit less. Books in Z class. Seems like 6.6cpm on AA with no status or potentially 3cpm with ExPlat. Earns almost 2000 EQD.

Wide open availability. Sample dates: https://www.google.com/flights/?gl#s...sc=b;a=MH;eo=e

Book direct on MH website to select A380 on both legs. Google flight only shows 777 on the outbound and A380 on the inbound.
how can you book EK J using AA?
Old May 18, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: *A
Will the emirates legs give me miles on Qatar Privilege Club if I buy via MH?
Old May 18, 2017, 3:15 pm

Good deal in the Emirates legs but the MH ones are brutal - esp the red eye on the outbound.
Old May 18, 2017, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by SQ88

Nice fare, thank you for sharing. Just FYI: the EK operated flights are not eligible for AA credits as EK is not a OW carrier.

There is an exception but only for EK metal booked as QF marketed. Definitely not for EK metal booked as MH marketed.
Old May 18, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
It seems to be a recurring deal with MH - I've managed to fly this last year and miles were earned on QR Privilege Club instead of EK who only provide Skywards miles and not tier miles unfortunately.
Just booked this deal last week combining the two Eid breaks - definitely great value to be had here... the only question that I have is whether I might potentially be able to utilize QR credits or miles to upgrade the main EK legs from J to F? Theoretically, it should be possible given these flights are marketed by MH and operate using an MH flight number?
Old May 18, 2017, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
This fare has been around for ages and been discussed several times here, the EK operated legs wont credit to most one world programs, and until recently even to skyward! You cant use any form of upgrade mechanism on these 4 digit MH flights.
Old May 18, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Can the EK metal sectors credit to AS at 225% RDM?
Old May 19, 2017, 12:27 am

Nice way to try Emirates Business!

Would also recommend the business class deals from Bangkok (and maybe some other places) to Dubai or Seychelles via Colombo on SriLankan Air if the locations suit you and you need to credit to a OneWorld program. Their business class is quite nice, especially if you time it right to get the A330-300. These were running for around $700-800 USD if they are still going which I bet they are.
Old May 19, 2017, 9:19 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Unionruler
Can the EK metal sectors credit to AS at 225% RDM?
NO
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:25 am

Mh/ek j cmb-kul-dxb $636 a380

For an extra $18 enjoy the A380 both ways.
Wide open till 10th of May 2018

LINK

Last edited by Croupier; Jun 1, 2017 at 6:53 am
Old Jun 2, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by AndyGe
Will the emirates legs give me miles on Qatar Privilege Club if I buy via MH?
No mate, definitely not, I did it in March this exact sam flight, no QR, so I tried QF, even they have denied it as ineligible, I am about to hit them up once again but it's been a bunfight trying to get points. The MH legs were OK for my QR account
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by RabbitohRob
No mate, definitely not, I did it in March this exact sam flight, no QR, so I tried QF, even they have denied it as ineligible, I am about to hit them up once again but it's been a bunfight trying to get points. The MH legs were OK for my QR account
I completed back-to-back itineraries for this fare in 4 days last week. As for the miles credit , I had a similar situation when I tried to add my Alaska Airlines FF. I even called Alaska with no success but was advised to send BP copies to them to be credited manually. For the MH segments, I credited them to AA but now thinking of finding another OW to have a status.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:02 am

As it will be MH issued ticket, for long layovers at KUL, would MH provide Hotel for J class pax?
Old Jun 10, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by kshastry
As it will be MH issued ticket, for long layovers at KUL, would MH provide Hotel for J class pax?
I did not ask for it but being a Oneworld Emerald, I had access to the lumberette of MH First Class lounge. But good point, I will inquire of it come October.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.