Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LX New F: VIE-Asia ~2800-3000EUR Companion Fare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2016, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Olympian, no medals (non-elite status :p )

First post here
https://www.swiss.com/austria/de/Offers/Index/VIE

Availability seems wide open to destinations from VIE of HKG, BKK, PVG, Sao Paulo, Singapore, and Dubai.

Was trying to price just for myself and kept getting an error, then realized its a companion fare only, so it works pricing for 2 adults.

If anyone wants to join in on booking a flight From VIE-PVG-VIE from 2.28-3.26/27/28/29, (as I'm in need of a second on the companion fare) please feel free to PM. I've never had the pleasure of flying LX F and would love to.

Hope this was a good first post!

Edit: 3keur per person

Last edited by DrDrDr56; Dec 24, 2016 at 12:14 pm
Old Dec 22, 2016, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Olympian, no medals (non-elite status :p )
Fare rules:
Bookable until: 04.01.2017
Travel period for the outward flight: 23.12.2016 - 29.10.2017
Advance booking period: 0 days
Maximum stay: 12 months
Rebooking: Not possible
Refund: None
Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:04 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Wow that's a crazy restrictive fare for F class, but makes sense given the prices.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DrDrDr56
Fare rules:

Rebooking: Not possible
Refund: None
Given that it's LX, I would expect them to hold to (enforce) these draconian rules. [In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they upheld these rules even during irreg ops.] Unless you happen to be an expert in the Swiss travel insurance business, I advise passing up this "offer"....
Old Dec 22, 2016, 7:05 pm

Location: Loud, dark, warm, lots of ethernet cables, and in some rack space.
Programs: AA:EXP
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
Given that it's LX, I would expect them to hold to (enforce) these draconian rules. [In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they upheld these rules even during irreg ops.] Unless you happen to be an expert in the Swiss travel insurance business, I advise passing up this "offer"....
Especially with a dismal ground experience comparatively to other airlines, I would too. Exclusivity =/= quality + value
Old Dec 23, 2016, 12:36 am

So these are prices per person or for 2 people?

Nevermind, I went through the process and found that it's per person. The Etihad deals that just ended recently are better I think

Last edited by evskimo; Dec 23, 2016 at 12:57 am
Old Dec 24, 2016, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by evskimo

Nevermind, I went through the process and found that it's per person. The Etihad deals that just ended recently are better I think
I had the same question. Thanks for checking this.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by evskimo
For 2 persons would be fantastic, and this thread would be boiling
Old Dec 24, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I'm not sure why many think this isn't a great fare. Swiss dock E lounges are fantastic and the F aboard the 777 probably one of the best in the market. I'd skip the A340/A330 though as the cabin really starts showing its age.
A return routing to SIN via GVA & ZRH equates to 50.376 m&m miles incl exec bonus.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 4:50 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by The Wolf
I'm not sure why many think this isn't a great fare. Swiss dock E lounges are fantastic and the F aboard the 777 probably one of the best in the market. I'd skip the A340/A330 though as the cabin really starts showing its age.
A return routing to SIN via GVA & ZRH equates to 50.376 m&m miles incl exec bonus.
It is indeed a great fare but normally companion fares are meant to travel with your partner and 6000€, plus position flights if you are not from Viena and sorroundings, it is serious money for many of us.

Happy holidays to everyone!
Old Dec 25, 2016, 2:36 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by The Wolf
It is a great fare. I'd do it if the travel dates suited me and it was ex-LHR. I'd also position myself in VIE for it, but my other half wouldn't play along for that haha ;-)
Old Dec 25, 2016, 3:07 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Don't get me wrong guys, 3k is an enormous sum of money. But most destinations are usually around 2.5k in J...then I consider 3k to be quite a bargain in F, especially since 777 routings are available.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:10 pm

Does anybody know if it is possible to use 2 different payment methods to book this deal? Myself and my companion are looking at this deal, but each of us would like to use our own credit card for payment
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Does anybody know if it is possible to use 2 different payment methods to book this deal? Myself and my companion are looking at this deal, but each of us would like to use our own credit card for payment
I think a decent TA should be able to make it work.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Lack
I think a decent TA should be able to make it work.
Thanks. Very good idea!

is available for booking by a TA or it is only available for purchase on swiss.com? Could not price it on google flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.