Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:41 am

Programs: BAEC, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by capt787
Agreed, im either to slow or something not right in the way I search. I just cant get those deals. I even heard there was QR deals to Japan sub 800Euro from BRU/AMS but I don't seem to see them...

but CMB/MLE is really what I wanted. anyone know any other way of doing it (OW)?
I got this MLE one back in December, Christmas day.
The Tokyo one, which I also got, was online for a day or so, if that, so on some fares, you need to be there to book it quick otherwise they just go.
I still think this MLE may still be bookable but on different dates. Have you tried to call Sri Lankan?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB+ Gold, NZ Airpoints Silver, AAdvantage Gold, LCAH Gold, Marriott Silver Elite
Originally Posted by noneemac
I and R are the same for earning purposes, so no need to answer this question.

Wrong
Old Jan 19, 2017, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by st7515
It's not what the BA avios calculator says, I and R are the same.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by st7515
This again ?? Really??

It has been told many many times that BA confirmed there was a mistake with the avios calculator for QR and that all R fares on QR offer the same avios and tier points regardless of business booking class
Old Jan 27, 2017, 2:01 am

I have managed to find some fares thru Sri Lankan...the booking code is I...will this mean I will earn 640 tier points?

FRA-CMB (via DOH)
CMB - MLE
MLE - FRA (Via CMB, DOH)
Old Jan 27, 2017, 2:09 am

I have managed to find some fares thru Sri Lankan...the booking code is I...will this mean I will earn 640 tier points?

FRA-CMB (via DOH)
CMB - MLE
MLE - FRA (Via CMB, DOH)
640 TP return, yes.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by xhemp
640 TP return, yes.
just trying to see whether this is really the best fare...I see lots like SOF-BKK for $800 etc so thought might be able to get a better deal...but I guess this must be as good as it gets. Also gets you BA Silver...
does anyone know how to book avios flights with air berlin? BAEC only gives me BA options...
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:12 am

so I managed to call Sri Lankan call center and booked in the end. However, after taking payment (3/4 attempts!!) they advised me they need to see a bank statement to show I have paid them so they can see the payment is genuine...

Anyone else had the same experience...? Should I be sending credit card statements?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:15 am

so I managed to call Sri Lankan call center and booked in the end. However, after taking payment (3/4 attempts!!) they advised me they need to see a bank statement to show I have paid them so they can see the payment is genuine...

Anyone else had the same experience...? Should I be sending credit card statements?
I know QR does that (it happened to me with the AMS/BRU-HND/NRT fare) but didn't know SriLankan would do it too.
Send them the first page of your credit card statement where it shows your name and address then cross out your balance/card number/interest, etc, it did work for me with QR.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:51 am

ok im glad im not the only one :-) UK Foreign office advice does say cc fraud is biggest crime in Sri Lanka...

Out of interest if I hope it doesn't cause an issue, because I have three different transactions because one pax is leaving early and two other went up in price...butall paid by one person.

They said as long as you check in together on the outbound but hoping no issues for the inbound flight since I wont be with them for that flight....
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:55 am

ok im glad im not the only one :-) UK Foreign office advice does say cc fraud is biggest crime in Sri Lanka...

Out of interest if I hope it doesn't cause an issue, because I have three different transactions because one pax is leaving early and two other went up in price...butall paid by one person.

They said as long as you check in together on the outbound but hoping no issues for the inbound flight since I wont be with them for that flight....
Oh oh, I hope they are not fraudsters then

I don't think they will have problems. QR says that if you don't send them a copy of your statement, they would require you to show the credit card you used at check-in so I believe with UL the same thing would happen, better to send them a copy (with all the main info but the address redacted).
Old Feb 18, 2017, 5:24 am

Oh oh, I hope they are not fraudsters then

I don't think they will have problems. QR says that if you don't send them a copy of your statement, they would require you to show the credit card you used at check-in so I believe with UL the same thing would happen, better to send them a copy (with all the main info but the address redacted).
So I sent them screenshots from the credit card companies transaction data and now they have issued

Are you able to adjust your seats with QR manage my booking because I used Sri Lankan but after chosing seats it doesnt appear to save it...
Old Feb 18, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
So I sent them screenshots from the credit card companies transaction data and now they have issued

Are you able to adjust your seats with QR manage my booking because I used Sri Lankan but after chosing seats it doesnt appear to save it...

QR did this with me for the Saké fare I booked recently, bit of a faff but did it anyway.

I hope this price stays around into next year too as I have no Annual Leave left till Next year now and looks like fare rules dictate a 2017 date only
Old Feb 18, 2017, 6:23 am

Good to know
There are two PNRs (one for UL and one for QR), use the QR one on QR's manage my booking and you will be able to select seats there with no issues.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 4:42 am

Good to know
There are two PNRs (one for UL and one for QR), use the QR one on QR's manage my booking and you will be able to select seats there with no issues.
i might be being a bit dim...but nowhere on the UL booking confirmation I can see more than one booking ref...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.