Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AZ/DL: CAI-ATL $1042 RT Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Looking for cheap business class trip to Atlanta, found I class with Alitalia codeshare with Delta - A330 on the longhual

CAI-ATL $1042 RT with AZ+DL

https://goo.gl/flights/znvN
Old Dec 2, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...300-r-t-j.html

Looks like AZ kept its ex-CAI fares while most others (AF/KL/LH) have been withdrawn or raised. Fare is even better now with EGP at 17.80.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Is this really a fully flexible fare?

I assume this books into I class but this makes the fare so much more appealing. Fare rules (on alitalia's crappy site) state:

CHANGES ANY TIME CHANGES PERMITTED. CANCELLATIONS ANY TIME CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED FOR CANCEL/NO-SHOW. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. CANCELLATIONS RULES APPLY PER FARE COMPONENT. FOR PARTIALLY USED TICKETS REFUND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE ORIGINAL FARE PAID AND THE NEW APPLICABLE FARE IN SAME OR HIGHER BOOKING CLASS FROM POINT OF ORIGIN FOR THE NEW ROUTING. THE FIRST APPLICABLE ONE WAY FARE IN SAME OR HIGHER BOOKING CLASS APPLIES IF THE NEW ROUTING RESULTS IN A ONE WAY ITINERARY. -------------------------------------------------- IN CASE OF REFUND REQUESTED ON ENTIRE JOURNEY FOR A TICKET THAT HAS BEEN REISSUED THE ORIGINAL FARE PAID WILL FOLLOW THE REFUND CONDITIONS OF THE ORIGINAL FARE PAID -------------------------------------------------- YR-SURCHARGE AMOUNT FOLLOWS THE SAME CONDITIONS OF THE PENALTY PROVISIONS IN CASE OF CANCELLATION AND NO SHOW.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Is this really a fully flexible fare?

I assume this books into I class but this makes the fare so much more appealing. Fare rules (on alitalia's crappy site) state:...
It does look like flex fare. Please keep in mind that this is a EGP fare. If you cancel and refund, you will get back EGP which may result in a gain or loss from forex conversion.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
It does look like flex fare. Please keep in mind that this is a EGP fare. If you cancel and refund, you will get back EGP which may result in a gain or loss from forex conversion.
First I forgot to say - THANKS OP!

Terry - when it's full flex, and I fly the outbound - does that mean changes on the return are allowed as long as the same class is available? I assume so because the historical pricing will be locked in after flying the outbound - but not sure how to also take advantage of the unlimited stopovers etc. rule

Google flights book domestic legs into Y and charges in EGP on AZ.com. Plugging into Kayak costs about $10 more but books into F on the domestic and charges you in USD on the AZ site, likely avoiding the EGP conversion issues you mentioned.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

....Terry - when it's full flex, and I fly the outbound - does that mean changes on the return are allowed as long as the same class is available? I assume so because the historical pricing will be locked in after flying the outbound - but not sure how to also take advantage of the unlimited stopovers etc. rule...
Yes, you can make changes without re-fare after flying outbound. However, HIP still applies if you want to stopover.

....Google flights book domestic legs into Y and charges in EGP on AZ.com. Plugging into Kayak costs about $10 more but books into F on the domestic and charges you in USD on the AZ site, likely avoiding the EGP conversion issues you mentioned.
Makes no difference. It is just a currency conversion by AZ website. You will still get back EGP if you request refund.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
Yes, you can make changes without re-fare after flying outbound. However, HIP still applies if you want to stopover.

Makes no difference. It is just a currency conversion by AZ website. You will still get back EGP if you request refund.
Thanks. I doubt I'll stopover and I doubt I'll refund - just may end up changing the return to some point in the future. Hoping with 1 year ticket validity that I can just push it out until I am ready to fly it (and have the same fare class available).
Old Dec 3, 2016, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i also see alitalia offer 160 off 800 in my amex offers - check yours if you plan to book this...
Old Dec 3, 2016, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Dreaded SSSS?

Hi All,

Two quick questions:

1) Is it safe yet to travel to Cairo? (I know this is subjective, but I didn't know if anyone has had experience recently...)

2) I have a terrible feeling that arriving from CAI will trigger the dreaded SSSS on all my BPs from this point forward. I've heard horror stories from those who have visited or transited through IST now having SSSS on their BPs. Anyone know if traveling to or transiting through CAI will trigger the same thing? (For what it's worth, I have Global Entry and others who have had this issue with SSSS also had GE. I just don't want to lose my TSA PreCheck privileges!)
Old Dec 3, 2016, 6:09 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
I've heard horror stories from those who have visited or transited through IST now having SSSS on their BPs. Anyone know if traveling to or transiting through CAI will trigger the same thing? (For what it's worth, I have Global Entry and others who have had this issue with SSSS also had GE.
What horror stories?

I have GE and always get Pre. I flew USA to IST and back on AF two months ago, and nothing bad happened. No SSSSS or anything like that.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 6:14 pm

Hi All,

Two quick questions:

1) Is it safe yet to travel to Cairo? (I know this is subjective, but I didn't know if anyone has had experience recently...)

2) I have a terrible feeling that arriving from CAI will trigger the dreaded SSSS on all my BPs from this point forward. I've heard horror stories from those who have visited or transited through IST now having SSSS on their BPs. Anyone know if traveling to or transiting through CAI will trigger the same thing? (For what it's worth, I have Global Entry and others who have had this issue with SSSS also had GE. I just don't want to lose my TSA PreCheck privileges!)
Not true. I travel through IST and have not been ever been flagged. Great time to visit CAI too.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:50 am

Hi All,

Two quick questions:

1. Absolutely it is safe. As stated before, now is the time to go. Was there in August and all of the tourist sites were practically deserted. In fact, we were the only two visitors at Dahshur.
2. No SSSS but we came in from Abu Dhabi.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:54 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Good thru Sept

Plus available to a number of other east coast cities: JFK ($1037) BOS ($1264 though QR is $1155,) etc
Old Dec 4, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
CAI-MIA $1037.

I should add that I flew FCO-MIA in Magnifica last year and it was hands down the best business experience I've had. AZ's hard product is of an exceptionally high level (think AF's new BEST) and the service I received was quite literally perfect. I'd grab this only for the points and experience if nothing else if the repositioning weren't an issue...
Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Has anyone successfully booked one? Alitalia site keeps giving me an error message when I try to purchase it. "Enter your cc info again" ��

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.