Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA J / I : Italy [PSA/FCO/MXP/LIN/VCE] to CTU £984, HKG £1019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA J / I : Italy [PSA/FCO/MXP/LIN/VCE] to CTU £984, HKG £1019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2016, 4:58 pm

Has anyone been able to price it with a stopover in London on the outward journey? I'd like to do the Milan hop on the weekend and then fly off the following Thursday but the price goes up by thousands of pounds. The fare rules state a Europe stopover is allowed in both directions.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 5:23 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by tmk_bne
Has anyone been able to price it with a stopover in London on the outward journey? I'd like to do the Milan hop on the weekend and then fly off the following Thursday but the price goes up by thousands of pounds. The fare rules state a Europe stopover is allowed in both directions.
Seems to work OK, here's an example return from PSA: https://goo.gl/flights/fSfJ The price jumps by a couple of hundred pounds but that's mostly the UK APD bump.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by dsf
Seems to work OK, here's an example return from PSA: https://goo.gl/flights/fSfJ The price jumps by a couple of hundred pounds but that's mostly the UK APD bump.
Great link, I wonder if possible stopovers from LHR to Europe may be able to get the price down.. Even more?

Will work on it.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
There are a few things that are quite useful with this fare - many thanks for posting!

Use the Spain fares if you need long stopovers in SIN/KUL/whatever, although I just managed to price one up with 5 days in SIN?
Old Sep 17, 2016, 4:44 pm
Pwm

Originally Posted by skba1
There are a few things that are quite useful with this fare - many thanks for posting!

Use the Spain fares if you need long stopovers in SIN/KUL/whatever, although I just managed to price one up with 5 days in SIN?
Sounds interesting, can you link?
Old Sep 18, 2016, 5:41 pm

Thanks OP for this, managed to combine with the Spain fare to get me to Hong Kong over Christmas/New Years with a long weekend in Barcelona next May.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by skba1
Originally Posted by Pwm
Sounds interesting, can you link?
Seconded... I can't get the CTU fare to price up with any stopovers other than HKG - SIN/KUL/BKK increase the price by at least £500. What were you seeing, skba1? Thanks
Old Sep 19, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by kt74
Seconded... I can't get the CTU fare to price up with any stopovers other than HKG - SIN/KUL/BKK increase the price by at least £500. What were you seeing, skba1? Thanks
The routing rules don't allow travel via SIN/KUL/BKK so I'm not sure how you are getting this to price up:

V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG
1 INCEU28 I‡R 902.00 ---- 28/7 SU/12M EH01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT AUTO PRICE-YES
FROM-PSA TO-CTU CXR-BA TVL-05NOV16 RULE-4104 IPREUAS/4
FARE BASIS-INCEU28 SPECIAL FARE DIS-E VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BAR RT-2ND LEVEL BUSINESS CLASS ADVANCE PURCHASE
EUR 802.00 CONS E10AUG16 D-INFINITY FC-INCEU28 FN-
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 09AUG16/0928 EXPIRES INFINITY

**** CONSTRUCTED ROUTING PSA-CTU/BA EF-10AUG16 DIS-INDEF
**ADDON ORG PSA EURG/4 PUBLISHED ROUTING 0003
**PUBLISHED MIL-CTU EURG/4 PUBLISHED ROUTING 0005

/WITHIN THE EASTERN HEMISPHERE/
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
1. PSA-LON-HKG-KA/CX/CA-CTU
2. PSA-LON-CTU
Old Sep 19, 2016, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
The routing rules don't allow travel via SIN/KUL/BKK so I'm not sure how you are getting this to price up:
Well, that's why I was asking the poster who mentioned they found the same fare with 5 days in SIN...

When I price it up, it calculates it as an HKG fare, which allows stopovers in CTU and SIN/KUL/BKK (i.e. c.£1500 or so, depending on the country of departure, plus additional taxes for stopovers)
Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club
great fare. was hoping it would stay until today when I was able to book for summer school holidays 2017.

I did Bologna-LHR-HKG with BA July 22nd

2 and a half weeks in Hong Kong where I'll use avios to fly around Japan and Taiwan

Then 2 nights in Chengdu on the way home (yay for 72 hour visa free)

a 23 hour+ stopover in London to sleep in my own bed, unpack, etc and then continue on to Florence from LCY

£1,126 return each in peak time school holidays is amazing!

https://goo.gl/flights/gIb1

if anyone needs to book a similar fare. Many many thanks to the original poster - very happy
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Fare Gone now ?

This fare that was very keen for a trip to Hong Kong now seems to have gone. I had lined up a trip to Hong Kong Sevens in April from FCO but failed to book and I am just back from a trip and didn't commit before hand !
Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:00 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by PIKnic
This fare that was very keen for a trip to Hong Kong now seems to have gone. I had lined up a trip to Hong Kong Sevens in April from FCO but failed to book and I am just back from a trip and didn't commit before hand !
Couldn't get any BA flights to price on Google Flights or Kayak this morning, but going direct to their site it looks alive to me (NB all I did was re-try a previous search (rather than specifically FCO or April)
Attached Images  
Old Oct 17, 2016, 4:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by dsf
Couldn't get any BA flights to price on Google Flights or Kayak this morning, but going direct to their site it looks alive to me (NB all I did was re-try a previous search (rather than specifically FCO or April)
How are you able to price this on BA.com?
Anytime I try, I get the standard error page.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by YacozA
How are you able to price this on BA.com?
Anytime I try, I get the standard error page.
If you've been trying this morning, it appears that BA has pulled CTU from sale

See here
Old Oct 17, 2016, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by dsf
I have gone back to Google flights and can get the fare to price again going out via HKG. I had previously been pricing to do FCO-LHR-CTU-HKG-LHR-FCO but for my dates it seems the LHR-CTU is sold out at the "fare" price

Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.