Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oman air Europe to Asia J from £889

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oman air Europe to Asia J from £889

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 3:23 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by vincewy
Yes, go to the hotel desk right before entering transit security on the left upstairs.

Usually passengers are sent to Golden Tulip nearby the airport, but lately Oman is experiencing surge in passengers so it can be anywhere else. Last time I was sent to ibis, worked out perfectly as I was able to walk to the mall.

All meals (selected items), transit visa, and transportation to/from the airport are paid for by Oman Air. Oman is eager to attract visitors so you'll be surprised at how receptive people are, from immigration to hotel staff.

If this matters to anyone, try to book on aircraft with 1-2-1 seating, rather than 2-2-2, if it's 2-2-2 choose 787. The following aircraft codes have 1-2-1 seating on A330s, A333 and A332. A330 and 787 have 2-2-2. A330 is the most cramped, while 2-2-2 in 787 is more comfortable than A330.
I have just booked LHR-KUL for £1,100 business class and the plane is A330 300- presume that is a 2-2-2 plan? Can't seem to see this on seat guru where is looks like a 1-2-1 seat layout. Also struggling to book the seats on the website also- is this possible prior to 24 hours pre check in?

Regarding the hotel for long stop over, does this need to be booked in advance? Is this a complimentary service?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by slimjim123
I have just booked LHR-KUL for £1,100 business class and the plane is A330 300- presume that is a 2-2-2 plan? Can't seem to see this on seat guru where is looks like a 1-2-1 seat layout. Also struggling to book the seats on the website also- is this possible prior to 24 hours pre check in?

Regarding the hotel for long stop over, does this need to be booked in advance? Is this a complimentary service?

Thanks in advance.
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Oma...us_330-300.php

http://www.omanair.com/en/flying-us/...irbus-a330-300

It's probably a good idea to check with the airline with regard to hotel accommodation.

With two flights each day between Muscat and London, there's (usually) a pretty good connection available for Heathrow passengers. The airline might not be willing to accommodate passengers who select combinations of flights simply to trigger and overnight stay.

That's how it works with some other middle-east carriers: perhaps WY is more generous ^.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:31 pm
Suspended

I flew Oman Air earlier this year and had great service in business class. My only complaint was transiting in Muscat. I hate having to bus from the plane to the terminal and then taking another bus from the terminal to my next flight.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by mcbg1
I flew Oman Air earlier this year and had great service in business class. My only complaint was transiting in Muscat. I hate having to bus from the plane to the terminal and then taking another bus from the terminal to my next flight.
That will change as soon as the new terminal opens.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by florens
That will change as soon as the new terminal opens.
When will that be?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by mcbg1
I hate having to bus from the plane to the terminal and then taking another bus from the terminal to my next flight.
It's an instinctive feeling I, too, have when i see we've arrived at a remote stand.

However if I'm in a premium class, and there's a dedicated bus service provided for F and J passengers, then all can be forgiven - especially as the transport provided generally drops passengers close to the immigration and baggage nexus, avoiding a trek through the terminal.

Going to the aircraft I welcome bus transfers. I'm geeky enough to get a kick out standing beside the aircraft and going up steps to get on board. Less so on a wet day in London; but on a warm night in Muscat - no complaints at all.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:25 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by slimjim123

Thanks in advance.
Check airlines website -

A330 - 2-2-2 seating (newly acquired A330-300 with new configuration)
A333, A332, 1-2-1 seating

Both LHR-MCT and KUL-MCT are 1-2-1 seating in A333, enjoy while you can, those will be retrofitted eventually.

Regarding hotel, my last trip 2-hour connection became overnight after schedule change so WY had no problem arranging accommodation for me, YMMV, it's a great airline/country to fly with and transfer.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
It's an instinctive feeling I, too, have when i see we've arrived at a remote stand.

However if I'm in a premium class, and there's a dedicated bus service provided for F and J passengers, then all can be forgiven - especially as the transport provided generally drops passengers close to the immigration and baggage nexus, avoiding a trek through the terminal.

Going to the aircraft I welcome bus transfers. I'm geeky enough to get a kick out standing beside the aircraft and going up steps to get on board. Less so on a wet day in London; but on a warm night in Muscat - no complaints at all.
Business class passengers get their own bus so that is a good perk. I actually was the only passenger in J flying from Jakarta to Muscat and I had an entire bus to myself to get to the terminal.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:38 pm

Programs: 10-year UA 1K and 2 MM, then AA EXP, now BA Silver; next stop, Kayak
I'd like to book this one way in business (R) and the return (throwaway) in coach (Q). ITA can price it but I cannot find an OTA that can construct the mixed class fare. Any ideas?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:44 am

Yes, go to the hotel desk right before entering transit security on the left upstairs.

Usually passengers are sent to Golden Tulip nearby the airport, but lately Oman is experiencing surge in passengers so it can be anywhere else. Last time I was sent to ibis, worked out perfectly as I was able to walk to the mall.

All meals (selected items), transit visa, and transportation to/from the airport are paid for by Oman Air. Oman is eager to attract visitors so you'll be surprised at how receptive people are, from immigration to hotel staff.

If this matters to anyone, try to book on aircraft with 1-2-1 seating, rather than 2-2-2, if it's 2-2-2 choose 787. The following aircraft codes have 1-2-1 seating on A330s, A333 and A332. A330 and 787 have 2-2-2. A330 is the most cramped, while 2-2-2 in 787 is more comfortable than A330.

I assume that the most cramped a330 (2-2-2) you are talking about are the same seats (The Apex Suite) as on the 787 which are their recently new delivered a330's and doesn't show seat mapping on seat guru?

See photos: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ss-class-a330/
In this review it says that the A330 product is even more spacious than the 787 product, which isn’t a surprise as the the cabin is (marginally) wider on the a330, so what exactly do you mean by cramped?

Last edited by cmoltisanti; Jul 27, 2016 at 6:06 am
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by cmoltisanti
I assume that the most cramped a330 (2-2-2) you are talking about are the same seats (The Apex Suite) as on the 787 which are their recently new delivered a330's and doesn't show seat mapping on seat guru?

See photos: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ss-class-a330/
In this review it says that the A330 product is even more spacious than the 787 product, which isn’t a surprise as the the cabin is (marginally) wider on the a330, so what exactly do you mean by cramped?
I guess people don't know what they have been missing, read this one instead

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...class-product/

The old business class is practically first class and you pay fraction of what EK charges.

In 787, 2-2-2 is indeed more spacious (5.49m) than A330 (5.28m).
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:06 am

I guess people don't know what they have been missing, read this one instead

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...class-product/

The old business class is practically first class and you pay fraction of what EK charges.

In 787, 2-2-2 is indeed more spacious (5.49m) than A330 (5.28m).
Ah now I understand what your trying to say, but I stil think that its a matter of taste, their new seats aren't that bad.

Thanks.

Last edited by cmoltisanti; Jul 27, 2016 at 9:27 am
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:06 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I've just booked LHR-MCT-BKK and then SIN-MCT-LHR for £1,300 in J.

Good price, and only 90mins at MCT between flights on both legs.

Happy FTer!

M
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:54 am

In the fare rules it says that changes cost €200,- per flight destination is that as flat fee or do they also also charge extra costs when the ticket fee wil be priced up higher as in price difference.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Just a warning to anyone booking this fare out of LHR, WY operations are split between Terminals 3 & 4 apparently, so make sure you go to the right place!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.