Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

FRA-MAD on LATAM EURO 205 r/t

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FRA-MAD on LATAM EURO 205 r/t

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2016, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It prices up ok on the German version of expedia and (for €273-281) offers a good choice of flights for the onward trip to TFN so you're not forced to get the one that leaves MAD at 08h00, which otherwise would make it a very short overnight. It's also possible to come back in one go, leaving TFN at 07h00, thus avoiding a second overnight in MAD.

I would be inclined to avoid the AirEuropa flights and stick with Iberia/Iberia Express for the MAD-TFN-MAD leg. Remember that breakfast flights on Spanish airlines are nothing to get excited about in terms of catering.

I haven't actually pulled the trigger yet because the dates (which are really limited) I want will cost about 30 or more Euros extra. I know one shouldn't delay with these things but it's quite a long way in future.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 3:38 am

maybe someone can share other routings possible with these fare?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by luftaom
Has anyone been able to get an OTA to price and ticket this? If so would you mind telling me which one you used? I'm not having much luck with the usual suspects (could be me!).

FWIW trying to book a OW FRA-MAD-LIS in November. Seats are there according to expertflyer and I can get it to price on ITA - just keep failing at the last hurdle with the regular OTAs.
You can book it on the LATAM website for some dates.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 4:35 am

Programs: QF Platinum
Thanks - I'll try the German version of Expedia. When I tried Latam's site didn't even recognise Lisbon as an option.

Raporot - my suggestion is to pull up google flights - plug in FRA, business class and your dates, limit the price to €375 (manually changing it in the url if necessary) and leave the destination blank ... then click on the map.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:49 am

Thanks again to the OP and Concerto - I have a ticketed FRA-MAD-LIS for £160 - which is an OK deal in economy - but for lie flat on a 787 and 100 Qantas status credits is a steal.

For some reason whenever I put in my frequent flyer number in on the expedia booking screen - it never carries across to the booking. Thankfully the trick via RJ.com still works.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 3:29 am

Has anyone managed to find a route with more than one stop (MAD) ?

Category 8: Stopover restrictions

UNLIMITED STOPOVERS PERMITTED.

Category 9: Transfer restrictions

UNLIMITED TRANSFERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
FARE BREAK AND EMBEDDED SURFACE SECTORS PERMITTED ON THE
FARE COMPONENT.

Category 10: Combinability

ADD-ONS PERMITTED.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 3:55 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Gold, Accor LeClub - Platinum, Hilton Hhonors - Diamond
Smile

Longtime lurker, first time poster, so I hope this is the right place to put this...

As well as extending this fare on the MAD end to TFN and some other Spanish cities, you can extend it from FRA to TXL.

I've just returned from a trip including this fare where I was able to add on a FRA to TXL (via LJU) for £30 on top of the MAD-FRA o/w fare. JP wasn't anything to write home about, but was better than 4 hours on DBahn.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 13, 2016, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are one clever operator! How do you manage to add on a trip to Berlin at the end of this trip? Just by adding Berlin the following day as the end city using multicity at expedia?

I only need to get to Düsseldorf so it probably wouldn't work for me. But trying JP Business for just €30 definitely appeals to my sense of the absurd!

Edit: ah, I see, you probably booked this as a one way. I'm looking to book a RT to TFN
Old Jul 13, 2016, 5:57 am

Concerto - FWIW DUS is my start location and I couldn't get it to work anywhere other than TXL.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You mean, you will be starting your trip to MAD or TFN from Düsseldorf just like me, which means taking the train to FRA to catch the LATAM flight from there. No problem for me coming back to Berlin, it would be fun. Just not sure if I can tack it onto a RT itinerary from FRA to TFN (just as well I haven't booked yet, gives me a chance to experiment).
Old Jul 13, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Gold, Accor LeClub - Platinum, Hilton Hhonors - Diamond
It was indeed a o/w.... which appears to open up some more inventive routings to/from TXL than as part of a TCI return.

However, I have just managed to build this inventive routing on ITA Matrix, may be ticketable on the superbookers...

FRA-MAD-VGO(I2/I)-TFN-MAD-FRA-TXL(AB/Y) - £330. Having a play about with the start and end locations can alter the price a bit.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 13, 2016, 6:43 am

I can't seem to get it to split out the MAD-TXL into MAD-FRA & FRA-TXL to get more interesting options for that leg... Someone who may be more skilled at ITA Matrix may be able to.

If they are, please share the entries needed/used
Old Jul 13, 2016, 6:44 am

£1.73 a TP... does this make it a TP run of any note?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure. I have a very candid question and I hope someone will be able to give a bit of feedback about it. Which of the three FFPs would it be best to credit to? AB, BA or IB? I'm not interested in TPs (just before the end of my TP year anyway) and was actually wondering if it could be slightly more lucrative to credit to IB.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Hi - loving the Asturia routing - think I might go for that.

The fare is also available ex AMS with AMS-FRA on KLM or LH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.