Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

EY (A3) JNB-ATH one way 787$

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, BA Silver, AF Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire

pretty nice one way fare, full flex, booking into D, sold as A3 but both legs oparated by EY
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:21 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Yeah, EY flight numbers/ticket add significantly to the price.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: A3 Silver, BA BLUE, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle, AY plat
There's also a 494 EUR ZLJBEYD basefare filled (the DLJBEYD is 579 EUR), but that Z basefare isn't full flex.

Also a routing JNB-AUH-LCA-ATH possible.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Pretty good - thanks OP.

Somewhat related, I don't know how this fare is legit vs. how the JNB-AUH-BOM-GOI is considered by EY a fare that "would have been obvious to anyone that it was a mistake fare."

EY JNB-GOI 806 business

With EY, it is hard to tell...
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak
Pretty good - thanks OP.

Somewhat related, I don't know how this fare is legit vs. how the JNB-AUH-BOM-GOI is considered by EY a fare that "would have been obvious to anyone that it was a mistake fare."

EY JNB-GOI 806 business

With EY, it is hard to tell...
True, but...

The SA-India ticket was ~800$ for roundtrip in Business/First. This ticket, SA-Europe, is ~800$ for one-way Business only. Big difference.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
After the way EY have treated me on the other FT board re Goa, they have abused me, blamed me, taken money from me under totally false pretences, hidden behind their emails because the gutless wonders are too gutless to talk to me, they couldn't pay me to fly their stinkin' middle eastern airline.

What really frightens me though, as an Australian is the joint is run by Australians and the lead spokesman is a former Australian. I'm embarrassed for them and for my country.

If they Etihad want to conduct business in that way by abusing their customers, basically calling us liars, putting blame on us for their mistakes, taking our money and then taking 6-8 weeks to return my money ( even when it was their mistake! ) they can rot in hell as far as I am concerned and they can take their Australian CEO and that Australian spokesmen they have in that awful ad and take off and please themselves.

They will never ever get a single cent of my money and if you want to protect yours, I suggest you be very careful with this middle eastern carrier. I call it fraud but they are a world unto themselves. They call it business as usual.

Last edited by RabbitohRob; Jun 27, 2016 at 3:14 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 27, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Wink

Originally Posted by RabbitohRob
After the way EY have treated me on the other FT board re Goa, they have abused me, blamed me, taken money from me under totally false pretences, hidden behind their emails because the gutless wonders are too gutless to talk to me, they couldn't pay me to fly their stinkin' middle eastern airline.

What really frightens me though, as an Australian is the joint is run by Australians and the lead spokesman is a former Australian. I'm embarrassed for them and for my country.

If they Etihad want to conduct business in that way by abusing their customers, basically calling us liars, putting blame on us for their mistakes, taking our money and then taking 6-8 weeks to return my money ( even when it was their mistake! ) they can rot in hell as far as I am concerned and they can take their Australian CEO and that Australian spokesmen they have in that awful ad and take off and please themselves.

They will never ever get a single cent of my money and if you want to protect yours, I suggest you be very careful with this middle eastern carrier. I call it fraud but they are a world unto themselves. They call it business as usual.
We're sympathetic dude but you need to move on.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by RabbitohRob

I can second that at least some staff at EY are frankly evil. And yet I flew my parents EY after forming that view so there's pragmatism to be had.

I know evil is a strong word. I can't recall the last time I used it to describe a handful of employees. I don't do so lightly. A short version of the specifics was racial abuse and genuine glee and gloating at the expectation of deporting my friend to a war zone - eventually thwarted once it was referred to the main airport office who were calm if not at all sympathetic. The situation was complex: it's the glee and taunts that evoke the strong reaction.

So I consider EY to be least capable of being nasty and inconsiderate and I'd be happy for them to fail and disappear. Yet, broadly I assume traveling premium class as a western citizen I won't suffer their prejudices and unpleasantness so whilst I'd rather not travel them I have used them when it makes more logistical sense to.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 2:31 am

where is these bookable?
Old Aug 9, 2016, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by raporot
where is these bookable?
https://www.kayak.com/flights/JNB-AT...xible/business

This one is still available. Not sure how crediting of the miles will work though.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Only credits to EY's programme. You will get a big fat zero if you credit an A3-coded, non-Star Alliance operated flight to A3's Miles + Bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.