Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

UA HNL to YYZ $682USD ow with lie flat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2016, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K

Seeing space for July, routing is HNL IAD YYZ with the longhaul on the 767 with lie flat seats. Great hidden city opportunity. Also available to SJU for the same price, or to YUL or YOW for about $100 more.

Last edited by lovenola; Jun 18, 2016 at 10:21 pm
Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:07 am

I'm seeing YYZ-HNL $1134 rt.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Not taking side on hidden city booking.

But IMHO, it is better to book to SJU instead of YYZ or other Canadian cities.

GA can make a big fuzz if the pax has no passport.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
AA is matching, at least for SJU. Note 757 doesn't have flat bed. You want to book the HNL-IAD-XXX routing.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 11:22 am

Programs: AA Gld; DL Plat; UA Gld;Bonvoy Titanium4Life; Hyatt Silver;
Just booked HNL-IAD_YYZ on 7/19 for $681.73 in United First (P). It's a 764.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat 2MM. Starwood Lifetime Gold
I urge caution if it is important to have a lie flat. I have had plane changes the last few times that I booked an HNL trip and ended up with no lie flat! UA response - "we sold you a seat not a specific type of seat"
Old Jun 17, 2016, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by lovenola
Seeing space for July, routing is HNL IAD YYZ with the longhaul on the 772 with lie flat seats. Great hidden city opportunity. Also available to SJU for the same price, or to YUL or YOW for about $100 more.
Can you post an itinerary for SJU? Not seeing anything lower than $1235.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aphoward13
Can you post an itinerary for SJU? Not seeing anything lower than $1235.
https://www.google.com/flights/?hl=en&gl=US#search;f=HNL;t=SJU;d=2016-07-04;r=2016-07-10;tt=o;sel=HNLIAD0UA144-IADSJU1UA2021;sc=b;a=STAR_ALLIANCE;c=IAD;eo=e;q=fl ights+from+MFM+to+DAD
Old Jun 18, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier Plat, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
Originally Posted by omsflyer
I urge caution if it is important to have a lie flat. I have had plane changes the last few times that I booked an HNL trip and ended up with no lie flat! UA response - "we sold you a seat not a specific type of seat"
Got a schedule change last night with my YUL-EWR segment retimed giving only :30 on the ground, UA rerouted me via ORD. Called and got the ticket refunded.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
not to totally hijack the thread, but there is plenty of availability HNL-CUN o/w for $382 with a variety of connection opportunities. I could not get the price via IAD with lie-flats, but perhaps the lower fare is more attractive to folks since most are going to have to position themselves to HNL anyways. (CUN is also a few less miles as well)

found a $412 o/w P fare via SFO and IAH (772 redeye HNL-SFO, 789 SFO-IAH) as well.

roundtrip fares HNL-CUN from $785 or starting in CUN (CUN-HNL) from $797.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 7:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by omsflyer
If it's booked via IAD or EWR, it will be lie-flat. UA doesn't have any aircraft with the range for that flight that's not lie-flat.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
If it's booked via IAD or EWR, it will be lie-flat. UA doesn't have any aircraft with the range for that flight that's not lie-flat.
Doesn't UA use 772's to GUM that have traditional recliner style first class seats? I would think those planes could be a logical swap option
Old Jun 19, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
These prices face been around for quite a while.

Doesn't UA use 772's to GUM that have traditional recliner style first class seats? I would think those planes could be a logical swap option
All of the Hawaii configuration 777s have old international business barcaloungers now. They will switch to sUA style flat beds.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 10:06 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Originally Posted by N1120A
All of the Hawaii configuration 777s have old international business barcaloungers now. They will switch to sUA style flat beds.
Taking top quote first to have post above it answer below.

And yes, first 777 in HI config is in mods, possibly making test flights. Unless I'm thinking US domestic fleet, or if they will be one and same.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 12:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
No they don't have the range. They are 772As, not 772-ER.

There's a reason UA flies 764s from EWR and IAD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.