Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CI SFO/JFK/LAX -AKL PE and business class 1775 USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2016, 9:03 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum

China airlines is offering premium economy (Pretty good one too) to Taipei from USA and then business class from Taipei to Auckland. Its possible it works to Sydney/Brisbane too.

This is from the online CI website.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by tris06
China airlines is offering premium economy (Pretty good one too) to Taipei from USA and then business class from Taipei to Auckland. Its possible it works to Sydney/Brisbane too.

This is from the online CI website.
Do you have a link?
Old Jun 12, 2016, 12:25 am

Shows up when you run the searches. I got a few dates to work.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 1:04 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG
Works to other APAC destinations. JFK-SIN is available for 1368 USD; with the regional leg in J.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 1:37 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Well yes even to Asia its pretty good value. But i mentioned SYD/BNE/AKL because these are between 8-13hr flights in total. So if you wanted to book a return business class seat from Australia to asia it will cost like 3000 usd. I am still waiting for the AMS PE to become available for some runs next year and pick up the bonus miles they probably will have with it.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 2:12 am

Fare rules? is it ow or RT?
Old Jun 12, 2016, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by jlfriedman
Fare rules? is it ow or RT?
RT
Old Jun 12, 2016, 11:00 am

E Fare.

ELXS1YE

75% MQMs to DL
100% Elite Miles to AF.

Seems like a no-brainer to choose AF. Not a terrible deal if one wants a better product than DL in terms of PE.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
E Fare.

ELXS1YE

75% MQMs to DL
100% Elite Miles to AF.

Seems like a no-brainer to choose AF. Not a terrible deal if one wants a better product than DL in terms of PE.
FB miles are generally not very useful unless you are based in Europe; in which case their promo awards in J are steals.
Most economy fares only earn 25% or so; but if you mainly fly short haul or on premium tickets, it's a great deal. Redemption wise; you can only really redeem them for US-EU redemptions. Just FYI, the bolded parts were worded strangely; I thought you were talking about AF W/PE.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by expatOWflyer
FB miles are generally not very useful unless you are based in Europe; in which case their promo awards in J are steals.
Most economy fares only earn 25% or so; but if you mainly fly short haul or on premium tickets, it's a great deal. Redemption wise; you can only really redeem them for US-EU redemptions. Just FYI, the bolded parts were worded strangely; I thought you were talking about AF W/PE.
If I look at this deal I might really consider crediting them into AF FB. I thought they are good in terms of redeeming F seat out of CDG?

Wasn't that clear, I apologized for it. The reason why I talked about DL was two things. 1. Their FFP, and 2. their comparable price of NYC-SYD/AKL. In the price of $1800 RT, you can get their PE (Comfort+) seats all the way through, but of course you will get less RDMs (MQDs), less MQMs. Even CI TPE-BNE-AKL is J instead of PE, and with that much of the MQDs (26k flown miles * 20%), it would be night and day between CI and DL in this particular deal.

AF PE? Oh boy, highly doubt they would be willing to compete by allowing three long haul PEs to get people to Oceania for $1800.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 2:32 pm
Suspended

If I look at this deal I might really consider crediting them into AF FB. I thought they are good in terms of redeeming F seat out of CDG?

Wasn't that clear, I apologized for it. The reason why I talked about DL was two things. 1. Their FFP, and 2. their comparable price of NYC-SYD/AKL. In the price of $1800 RT, you can get their PE (Comfort+) seats all the way through, but of course you will get less RDMs (MQDs), less MQMs. Even CI TPE-BNE-AKL is J instead of PE, and with that much of the MQDs (26k flown miles * 20%), it would be night and day between CI and DL in this particular deal.

AF PE? Oh boy, highly doubt they would be willing to compete by allowing three long haul PEs to get people to Oceania for $1800.
Yes; but I found them to be over priced. 200k miles o/w from Europe-North America and 320k miles Europe-Asia. Especially since you can snag ex-EU tickets in the 4-5k range RT for P and even from Paris http://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/local/...a-premiere.htm
I managed to snag one awhile back. Can't see myself redeeming for AF P when I can redeem for AF J for a third of the miles.
Haha I just inferred that from what you mentioned; and besides, they don't fly to Oceania on their metal.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 2:54 pm

Yes; but I found them to be over priced. 200k miles o/w from Europe-North America and 320k miles Europe-Asia. Especially since you can snag ex-EU tickets in the 4-5k range RT for P and even from Paris http://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/local/...a-premiere.htm
I managed to snag one awhile back. Can't see myself redeeming for AF P when I can redeem for AF J for a third of the miles.
Haha I just inferred that from what you mentioned; and besides, they don't fly to Oceania on their metal.
One-way? Wow that's steep!

https://www.flyingblue.com/long-haul...longhaul8.html

Even to Asia 1/2 is 100k? That's gonna kill me.

My flying patterns, after the announcement of AAdvantage news of revenue-based model, will switch to occasional F/J and some Y. Will be like you, getting BA Gold with US Domestic F, and grab whatever the good fare is around. Can sometimes see $2.2-$2.5k for YYZ-HKG in AF J, which is a great deal.

Looking further and further away from domestic upgrades, except UA ones
Old Jun 14, 2016, 1:01 pm

Update:

Looks like the business segments are booked into D. Not bad for AF FB to earn 115% of the flown miles.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 2:25 pm
Suspended

One-way? Wow that's steep!

https://www.flyingblue.com/long-haul...longhaul8.html

Even to Asia 1/2 is 100k? That's gonna kill me.

My flying patterns, after the announcement of AAdvantage news of revenue-based model, will switch to occasional F/J and some Y. Will be like you, getting BA Gold with US Domestic F, and grab whatever the good fare is around. Can sometimes see $2.2-$2.5k for YYZ-HKG in AF J, which is a great deal.

Looking further and further away from domestic upgrades, except UA ones
The 100k figure is actually decent. For the route I frequent(AMS-CDG-SIN), I need about 6 1/2 I segments for an award. Award availability is usually very good about a week out whenever I need it.
Looking out for good premium fare is around seems to be the pragmatic approach these days; even when flying domestically.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 9:10 pm

The 100k figure is actually decent. For the route I frequent(AMS-CDG-SIN), I need about 6 1/2 I segments for an award. Award availability is usually very good about a week out whenever I need it.
Looking out for good premium fare is around seems to be the pragmatic approach these days; even when flying domestically.
BA LT Gold is within reach if US F is purchased at reasonable price!

Btw, the beauty of this CI fare is it allows stopovers both ways in TPE. Booking stopovers is tricky, but quite doable. Damn! Very tempting.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.