Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA / *A / ST Canada-EU J MEGASALE! (US $1,715 r/t) From late May into 2017!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K

Looks like the major alliances have jumped on the LO bandwagon and are offering significantly discounted ex-CAN fares across the board to destinations throughout the EU (and even beyond, e.g. Morocco & Russia). While they're not quite as cheap as the LO fares, obviously they're on superior carriers into superior airports. These are incredible deals even by CAD standards! And like I said in the header, it looks like they're available for practically EVERY date combo into at least January 2017, or at least all the ones I checked out myself.

Some sample fares (all in CAD):

YYZ-TXL - $2,159 (BA)
YYZ-EDI - $2,261 (AC)
YYZ-FCO - $2,181 (AA) or $2,295 (AZ nonstop)
YUL-HAM - $2,150 (AA)
YUL-IST - $2,279 (AZ) or $2,317 (AF)
YUL-CPH - $2,253 (BA)
YVR-ARN - $2,447 (BA) or $2,492 (LH)
YVR-TLS - $2,345 (BA)
YVR-ATH - $2,450-$2,525 (BA, LH, AF)

YAHTZEE!
Old Apr 27, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I got YVR-AMS last night for $2995, AA coded BA metal (a380 both ways). Also found routings via PHX or LAX for more miles and same price.

No min stay, no advance purchase, that's the craziest part.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stephem
I got YVR-AMS last night for $2995, AA coded BA metal (a380 both ways). Also found routings via PHX or LAX for more miles and same price.

You might want to rebook it (unless it's a short trip or in May) - the fare now is $2,415 (US$1,918), also on BA metal. Also, just FYI, BA only has one daily YVR-LHR nonstop, and it's always on the A380.

Btw the one fare restriction on all the sub-$2K fares appears to be a six-night minimum (e.g. depart on Monday, arrive Tuesday, fly back the following Monday), so I guess it's different than the one you bought.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 9:27 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by kirker
You might want to rebook it (unless it's a short trip or in May) - the fare now is $2,415 (US$1,918), also on BA metal. Also, just FYI, BA only has one daily YVR-LHR nonstop, and it's always on the A380.

Btw the one fare restriction on all the sub-$2K fares appears to be a six-night minimum (e.g. depart on Monday, arrive Tuesday, fly back the following Monday), so I guess it's different than the one you bought.
Yeah, there were a couple of different fares listed when I was digging around last night. I have no interest in a weekend there, it's a work trip, so happy to pay $1k for no restrictions. And yeah, I know that about the A380, I was pointing that out because it's marginally better than the 777/747 options in Seattle. The A380 and the later return from London make that a better option.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:13 pm

Do these promo fares permit a stopover at the hub city? E.g. CDG on AF?
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by stephem

Not sure????

To me it looks like the 1900USD fares to AMS, BCN etc, require 7 day min stay, and a 28 day advance purchase.

These are good fares with tons of availability YVR, and YYZ and others. Fares to many popular European destinations.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
wish ZRH was included, since that's where I need to go. Only Swiss airport is LUG for 1850USD/~2350CAD from YVR. Route via LAX-JFK or DFW-LHR for more mileage

destinations also include MXP, LIN and VCE (like the other thread says)
Old Apr 27, 2016, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Smiley90
wish ZRH was included, since that's where I need to go. Only Swiss airport is LUG for 1850USD/~2350CAD from YVR. Route via LAX-JFK or DFW-LHR for more mileage

destinations also include MXP, LIN and VCE (like the other thread says)
Hmmm. Not sure how you missed it, but ZRH is definitely included (see e.g. below):

https://goo.gl/zXRoYP
Old Apr 28, 2016, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm. Not sure how you missed it, but ZRH is definitely included (see e.g. below):

https://goo.gl/zXRoYP
Apologies, I should have clarified:

Oneworld is not including ZRH, only *A is :/ at least so far...

EDIT: also, use CARDOFFERC for a 10% discount when booking on BA

Last edited by Smiley90; Apr 28, 2016 at 12:40 am
Old Apr 28, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP
Are these gone already?
Can't find them any longer. YYZ>CDG and YYZ>FCO was wide open at midnight, not it's all in the $3k+ range on AA.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by kmzandrew
Are these gone already?
Can't find them any longer. YYZ>CDG and YYZ>FCO was wide open at midnight, not it's all in the $3k+ range on AA.
If you're using google flights it can occasionally not show the sale fares. Just click on dates, irregardless of price, and you should see the CAD$2100 prices. Just looked at August dates YYZ-FCO and it works (priced out on BA.com and everything).

BTW, on some routes you can hook up to the reverse herringbone 777 hard product on AA. YYZ-FCO in particular. Avoid 777 out of ORD though (I believe ex-JFK you're fine with new J).

Last edited by grandgourmand; Apr 28, 2016 at 8:47 am
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS G75K

Isn't BA 84 on 747-4 old bird ?
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:09 am
Original Poster

EDIT: also, use CARDOFFERC for a 10% discount when booking on BA
Alas, it doesn't appear to work on tickets out of Canada -- nor does the AARP discount, for that matter.

Originally Posted by Coffee84
Isn't BA 84 on 747-4 old bird ?
Apparently not anymore - I just booked an ex-YVR ticket on BA 84 yesterday, and it's on an A380.

Edit: My bad - CARDOFFERC does work, but only if you have an RBC Visa.

Last edited by kirker; Apr 28, 2016 at 9:13 am Reason: CC offer
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Oneworld is not including ZRH, only *A is :/ at least so far...
You are correct, However, you can fly OW to quite a few cities within the region, including MXP, LYS, VCE and MRS. (Lyon is a Ryanair hub btw, so you can fly cheaply from there to numerous destinations throughout Europe.)
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Alas, it doesn't appear to work on tickets out of Canada -- nor does the AARP discount, for that matter.

Apparently not anymore - I just booked an ex-YVR ticket on BA 84 yesterday, and it's on an A380.

Edit: My bad - CARDOFFERC does work, but only if you have an RBC Visa.
CARDOFFERC, not CARDOFFERU and it works even when not paying with the RBC visa, similar to the US version of the code.

BA84 becomes A380 operated starting May 1st, literally next week. I'm flying it May 8th, I'm excited. First A380 with schedule to YVR!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.