Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Some interesting SQ 5th freedom fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2016, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Was just poking around and came across (all in USD):

FRA-JFK for $2000 RT. Scattered dates in April and June, then pretty much daily in July and August.

Books into D fare which gets you 125% on KF, 100% on UA, 125% on Aeroplan and 150% on M&M (I think).

Also seeing NRT-LAX for $2400, BCN-GRU for $2200....(ICN-SFO and DME-IAH aren't cheap).

Doesn't work in reverse as cheaply (e.g. JFK-FRA is about $500 more).
Old Mar 16, 2016, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG
I'm seeing GRU-BCN for 2.5k as well on some dates but NRT-LAX isn't much of a sale fare, I have seen fares in that range consistently last year.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 3:28 pm

Cmb-sin 520$.
cheapest business of SQ i ever seen.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 4:10 pm
AHO

Originally Posted by raporot
Cmb-sin 520$.
Apart from that the route (Colombo-Singapore) is not fifth freedom right flight for Singapore Ailrines (SQ).
Old Mar 16, 2016, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by AHO
Apart from that the route (Colombo-Singapore) is not fifth freedom right flight for Singapore Ailrines (SQ).
Right, it's not fifth freedom - but a great fare nevertheless.

I saw NRT-SIN-DEL for around 2800. Few quids more and we get to SYD/AKL. o/w. Great fare for SQ biz and get a stopover in SG as well.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ExSin
Right, it's not fifth freedom - but a great fare nevertheless.

I saw NRT-SIN-DEL for around 2800. Few quids more and we get to SYD/AKL. o/w. Great fare for SQ biz and get a stopover in SG as well.
Is that a one-way fare in GBP? I ask because you wrote "quid" and "o/w". The fares above are RT in USD.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raporot
Cmb-sin 520$.
That's a good fare, and I am going to think how to use it (I have a MLE-SIN on points coming up...but this one could work if the max stay makes sense)

CMB - SIN for $520 RT = 6 cpm
FRA - JFK for $2067 RT = 10.7 cpm

Can you get the CMB - SIN to price on the SQ website?
Old Mar 16, 2016, 10:02 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Although OP mentioned SFO-ICN as expensive, the more inexpensive way I've see that pop up is YVR-ICN that actually was in the ballpark of my corporate fares to Asia in business class.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 10:11 pm

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by grandgourmand
That's a good fare, and I am going to think how to use it (I have a MLE-SIN on points coming up...but this one could work if the max stay makes sense)

CMB - SIN for $520 RT = 6 cpm
FRA - JFK for $2067 RT = 10.7 cpm

Can you get the CMB - SIN to price on the SQ website?
Just be wary of SQ on CMB-SIN route, the aircraft are so old, so tired, the Business Class is not really much better than Economy..... I don't even think they clean the plane when it is on-ground in CMB so CMB-SIN is usually filthy, the staff start in SIN, fly to CMB, do the 1 hour stopover and return so by the time they get home to SIN they are tired, grumpy and not very happy. CX do the same with their flights to CMB, tired, old, dirty aircraft via BKK, unhappy staff and dirty planes for the return leg to HKG. I never thought I would say this but your best option for Asia from CMB seems to be MH and UL. Recent flight on MH brand new 737 both times. Very nice. And UL will lay on their best available J class if you can jag an A330. Hope this helps. I am sure there will be an expert in this forum who knows more, has a better experience, so before you do, this is my opinion and is as valid as anyone of the experts.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Is that a one-way fare in GBP? I ask because you wrote "quid" and "o/w". The fares above are RT in USD.
All in USD. Quids is by way of saying.

Right on return - few good dates there for around 3k return. Are you able to price as Low as 2800usd?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 12:01 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RabbitohRob
Just be wary of SQ on CMB-SIN route, the aircraft are so old, so tired, the Business Class is not really much better than Economy..... I don't even think they clean the plane when it is on-ground in CMB so CMB-SIN is usually filthy, the staff start in SIN, fly to CMB, do the 1 hour stopover and return so by the time they get home to SIN they are tired, grumpy and not very happy. CX do the same with their flights to CMB, tired, old, dirty aircraft via BKK, unhappy staff and dirty planes for the return leg to HKG. I never thought I would say this but your best option for Asia from CMB seems to be MH and UL. Recent flight on MH brand new 737 both times. Very nice. And UL will lay on their best available J class if you can jag an A330. Hope this helps. I am sure there will be an expert in this forum who knows more, has a better experience, so before you do, this is my opinion and is as valid as anyone of the experts.
Not sure what the bases of your claims are. SQ is flying A330s to CMB.

SQ's oldest A330s are 7-years old and the average age is 4-years.

The seats in business are lay-flat at an angle regional seats.

MH has typical recliner seats in business on the 737. Not in any way comparable to the SQ seats.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Not sure what the bases of your claims are. SQ is flying A330s to CMB.

SQ's oldest A330s are 7-years old and the average age is 4-years.

The seats in business are lay-flat at an angle regional seats.

MH has typical recliner seats in business on the 737. Not in any way comparable to the SQ seats.
Of course they are, in your opinion.
I have my opinion, you have yours.
I live here, you don't.
I fly it many times, do you?
Actually don't bother answering mat, I'm done. It's my opinion.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 3:08 am

Speaking of SQ and fifth freedom, does anyone know if that old cracker MNL-YVR on SQ is still possible to come by? Routing via HKG-SFO on SQ, it was a helluva fare in both C and F.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 3:32 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by AHO
Wow! Cheapest ever on their network! Too bad I can't use that...
Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:05 am

view....Unfortunately not.....

Flew that a few times... great routing rules...AND aud $1340..... sigh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.