Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AY business to Asia; LHR-PEK/BKK £1198/PVG £1298

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM / AA Gold / Hyatt Platinum / IHG Spire Amb / Marriott Gold

Has anyone looked into Finnair's premium sale? I need 10k EQP for a platinum challenge on AA. AY has I class LHR-PEK as low as GBP 1198. Found BKK at the same price, PVG for an extra GBP 100.

Lots of dates available in Nov/Dec. I'm planning on Nov. 13-16. Looks like 10k miles, 15k EQPs. Seems like a great deal, but I don't know the airline. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 3, 2015, 3:41 pm

Finnair is flying the new A350 on some of those routes, so try to get that plane.

Finnair is perfectly fine, though the service is a bit slow (although I only fly them from JFK to HEL). They have good champagne and the food is actually pretty good, but still doesn't compare to Qatar. The food is very NORDIC and people either love it or hate it. I personally don't mind and usually order the Reindeer entree (which is awesome).

I'm actually flying them in February from JFK to HEL again. Hopefully they get the slot for the new 350! Their goal was to launch it before Qatar, so fingers crossed.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Global Entry, etc...
I've also seen that they some reasonable fares from NYC to Asia. Both Delhi and Bangkok are just over US$2,000, even for December. I'm looking to get to Colombo, so have been trying to be creative with flight options.

Last edited by smikih; Oct 7, 2015 at 5:28 pm
Old Oct 3, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Could you please post the link for the premium sale?
Old Oct 3, 2015, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by smikih
I've they also have some reasonable fares from NYC to Asia. Both Delhi and Bangkok are just over US$2,000, even for December. I'm looking to get to Colombo, so have been trying to be creative with flight options.
Fly into Rome then take Sri Lankan to Colombo. Just make sure to get the Cirrus seats. That fare, I class, prices about 1400 USD.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM / AA Gold / Hyatt Platinum / IHG Spire Amb / Marriott Gold
Thanks for the tip on the A350. Trying to make sure I get that aircraft.

The sale is posted on the British version of the site:

http://www.finnair.com/gb/gb/special-offers-asia

Booking deadline is Oct. 12. Supposedly a 5-day minimum stay is required, but when I check availability, it's offering sale fares with a 24-hour turn.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Hi everybody.

I need to go LHR-SGN, preferably in the next 2 weeks. SGN is on this Finnair sale, but only from 10 Dec which is too late for me.

I'm thinking of using one of these sale fares to get from London into the general direction of HCMC, then just do the rest on a separate ticket.

I'm also not that far off AA ExPlat status and I need 20,400 EQP, which works out as 13,600 flying miles.

Any ideas for a good way to do this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.