Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA at it again? WAW-UVF rt IN F ~7500PLN 1776EUR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA at it again? WAW-UVF rt IN F ~7500PLN 1776EUR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by scibuff
If course, then there's the issue that folks who can afford to sue a freaking airline usually don't need an error fare to fly F.
Exactly.

But even those of us who fly F weekly can be a drop in the pond. I thought I had great purchasing power at IAG and threw a tantrum following a flight where a bottle of Cognac was dropped on my head from an over head locker on IB. Pulled all my contractors off IAG flights. Had my bluff called.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Lack
Nope, hard coded for the BA flights through LHR/LGW.
You certainly can if you pick specific departure and destination points.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by MileStalker
You certainly can if you pick specific departure and destination points.
I don't see much wiggle room with routing rules like:
1. WAW-LON-SLU
2. WAW-LON-MAD-SLU
Is there a way around that?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Well, it will be a nice week recovery after a busy christmas and new year in Australia for me.
WAW-UVF From January 7th. Now i need to find the most efficient way from OSL to WAW....
My supercard is getting some serious use now!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Mafai
24 hour free cancellation on ba.com and most OTA. cancel and rebook
Thanks - looks cancelled in ba.com but didn't send me any confirmation overnight
Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by fuyao
sorry but just because you have a recorded message that won't stop an airline of cancelling a ticket if they feel like it.
In the end they could always say at the time the supervisor / customer agent didn't know ......

Or just in short, cancel it cause most people don't sue airlines anyways
Quite right, of course Willie Walsh could also come round my house, bundle me into the back of his white van and torture me over the course of a weekend but that doesn't make it legally sound.

I am not a mileage runner going away myself for a weekend, I am buying a family holiday in October and just spent 4.5k on flights for it. I may wish to avoid the hassle of a lawsuit but I assure you I could afford it if it came to it.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ABeautifulPlaceInThe
IF I recall there is no F lounge at LGW, so while it might interest some people for points, it won't for experince. J lounge & J+ metal.
This is incorrect. There is an F lounge, just not a Concorde room. The F lounge closes mid-afternoon but all flights with F are gone by then.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:10 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by Lack
I don't see much wiggle room with routing rules like:
1. WAW-LON-SLU
2. WAW-LON-MAD-SLU
Is there a way around that?
Yes, this one, for example

7. KRK-LON-MIA-BA/AA-UIO-IB/BA-MAD/BCN-IB/BA-LON-MAD-BDA
But I am unable to price the full length (I mean KRK-LHR-MIA-UIO-MAD-LHR/LGW-BDA-LGW/LHR-KRK). Not sure what is wrong here. The eticket restriction of no more than 4 in/ out to a single country seems to be satisfied (long trip onward and short on the return).\

Anyone can explain what is wrong in the 'full joy' itinerary?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:21 am

Programs: SK EBG *G
Originally Posted by crazy8534
Correct. I'm through with the faux-devious behaviour that gives airlines credence to cancel our tickets.

BA have shown they will cancel at will whether people call or not but if you have a recorded conversation of you asking them to check their systems because the fare looks very good then what the flip else can we do? I'm satisfied I have done my due-diligence here!
Well, next time there is something that looks like a mistake fare please don't participate. For example, on the recent PRG-MEX/CUN fare, AA ended up honoring their tickets while BA did not. Your call to the BA Gold line would surely have pulled the fare earlier, thus preventing a lot of us on FT to take advantage of it. I myself was on BA stock and therefore cancelled now.

Cancellations are part of the mistake fare game. If you don't like the rules, don't play. And certainly don't ruin the game for others.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by mannen
Well, next time there is something that looks like a mistake fare please don't participate. For example, on the recent PRG-MEX/CUN fare, AA ended up honoring their tickets while BA did not. Your call to the BA Gold line would surely have pulled the fare earlier, thus preventing a lot of us on FT to take advantage of it. I myself was on BA stock and therefore cancelled now.

Cancellations are part of the mistake fare game. If you don't like the rules, don't play. And certainly don't ruin the game for others.
I didn't have anything to do with that fare and the one I called in about is still available for genuine travellers so I can't see your point?

If you are intent on trying to defraud an airline perhaps trying to do so on a public forum is a little naive?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:33 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by crazy8534
I didn't have anything to do with that fare and the one I called in about is still available for genuine travellers so I can't see your point?

If you are intent on trying to defraud an airline perhaps trying to do so on a public forum is a little naive?
Unfortunately we lack the tools to ban you from this forum.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by mannen

I don't quite follow the logic. BA cancelled the tickets: presumably they'd have done so so whether or not they received our FT colleague's phone call.

If the fare had been pulled earlier, surely you and a lot of others would have been saved a measure of heartache.

Going on about not calling the airline arms the carriers with further evidence that this was widey seen as a "mistake fare".
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond
... cancelled

WAW-UVF 9-19 Feb cancelled..

Last edited by yetihouse; Aug 29, 2015 at 7:50 am
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: SK*D, HHonors D
Originally Posted by yetihouse
WAW-UHV 9-19 Feb cancelled..
By BA, or by you? Mine (december, BGI) is still there.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond
called up BA to check in order to book hotel, as I booked Economy for gf (no F tickets left for those dates). Apparently mistake fare and they will cancel everything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.