Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

[Business] Saudia - CDG-KUL or MNL rt ai for 1160 EUR in Jan-Feb 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Business] Saudia - CDG-KUL or MNL rt ai for 1160 EUR in Jan-Feb 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2015, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I'm grateful to have these posted, actually. Maybe we could gently dissuade people from posting them as "Error Fares" as we go along, and eventually, with continual education (like 'not calling the airline'), everybody will come to realize the importance of these steps. But in all reality, I don't think the airline will bat an eyelid over this, because it is certainly a legit fare as other have pointed out.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 5:59 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by CDKing
Probably a legit fare. They have extremely cheap j fares because its not a very good product
These are legitimate fares. Cannot understand the OP's reasons to scream Error Fares.

Originally Posted by user2013
Any deals to DEL / BLR ?
Yes, there have been deals $1250 for Business Class from ORD/JGK/LAX to BOM/DEL/ HYD. Have seen deals from India to the USA.
One has to keep searching the Saudia website. It can be a pain to book.
Any Travel agent in India can make the reservation, if that price is available.

These are rare deals, and may involve long duration stopovers at Riyadh or Jeddah.

The Business Class product is ok.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by dd1612
These are legitimate fares. Cannot understand the OP's reasons to scream Error Fare.
Probably the desire to find the next "big one."
Old Jul 4, 2015, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by dvs7310
For someone who never drinks I'm sure it's an adequate product, however I am curious what percentage of the flying public that really is? I personally like a glass of wine with dinner and a few beers here and there throughout a long flight. Some flights I don't drink at all, but even if I don't want a drink, I don't like that it's not available purely out of principle therefore I have little interest in flying the likes of Saudia, Egyptair, etc.

Definitely agree though, this is not an error fare, there have been heaps of $1000-1500 business class fares this year, this fits right in that category.
Depends how long the flight is, really.
Sectors like SINKUL/YVRYYJ/YYZYOW/LONBRU I could care less about the onboard offerings, as I could eat reasonably well in the lounge (and drink there.)
Longhaul, I do want to have a drink, though.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
This is the funniest line of their website

Business Class seats are wide enough to be on other airlines' First Class sections,
Yea maybe US domestic F.

Originally Posted by skunker
Probably the desire to find the next "big one."
Which is bad. Had it been a US origin/destination, now that mistakes are no longer honored. All Airline has to do is print out the post and say "If FTers think its a mistake it must be a mistake so we are ok with cancelling all tickets"

Last edited by CDKing; Jul 5, 2015 at 8:30 am
Old Jul 5, 2015, 2:04 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I have taken the liberty to edit the thread title and delete the "ERROR FARE" language. We received a number of reports requesting such edit, and indeed it is clear that this fare, while a good deal, is very much in line with the EUR 1000.00-ish EU-Asia offers that periodically pop up on all alliances (e.g., the current CTU/WUH deals).

--jpdx, MR Moderator
Old Jul 5, 2015, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I was just wondering, though, are there any Saudia 5th Freedom routes in Europe that might offer an interesting price in business for mileage collection? There used to be GVA-CDG and vv (Kuwait Air have got a GVA-FRA and vv).
Old Jul 5, 2015, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by jpdx
I have taken the liberty to edit the thread title and delete the "ERROR FARE" language. We received a number of reports requesting such edit, and indeed it is clear that this fare, while a good deal, is very much in line with the EUR 1000.00-ish EU-Asia offers that periodically pop up on all alliances (e.g., the current CTU/WUH deals).

--jpdx, MR Moderator
Thx for editing my post and stop that polemic about error or not error fare.
I thouhgt it was an error fare as it is available on certain OTAs (ebookers, expedia) but not on ITA or airline website...

For those wondering about that claiming it's an error fare might be used as a good reason for the airline to not honor that fare, DOT rules doesn't apply in Europe and if you book an error fare in Europe, provided that the price is not ridiculously cheap, the airline has to honor it.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Matt4
For those wondering about that claiming it's an error fare might be used as a good reason for the airline to not honor that fare, DOT rules doesn't apply in Europe and if you book an error fare in Europe, provided that the price is not ridiculously cheap, the airline has to honor it.
I don't think that's the case: you are couching a wide number of scenarios (and a wide number of jurisdictions!) in a very definitive expression.

Without DoT, the standard rules of contractual interpretation apply (e.g., Hartog v. Colin & Shields). If the purchaser knows it is a mistake on the part of the seller (or might reasonably be expected to know it is a mistake), there is clear ground for the contract to be rescinded.

Last edited by Calchas; Jul 5, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Old Jul 5, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Matt4
Thx for editing my post and stop that polemic about error or not error fare.
I thouhgt it was an error fare as it is available on certain OTAs (ebookers, expedia) but not on ITA or airline website...

Still doesn't make sense why you would claim it was an error. CX sells numerous cheap fares that are only available on their website; the fares don't show up on GDS, ITA, or other booking channels. That doesn't make them errors.

Finally, IF it was and error (and it isn't) why say it is if "Europe" requires it be honored. The fact that it is an error would have no baring, correct?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:03 am

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
I love it !
Phenomenal !!

The word "mistake" or "error" pops into a thread tittle and bingo - over 3.5K hits in two days.
Thanks to the Mod for removing the word. It probably caused many minor heart attacks in bloggerland.

FT must love it on their score sheet.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:28 pm

I enjoyed SV meals in Business. Delhi to Riyadh 3.5hr flight and there were 2 choices of starter, 4 choices of main, and 3 choices of dessert. Had one of the best biryani in sky. Again Riyadh to Cairo only a 2hr flight, but had 2 choices of starter, 3 choices of main, and 2 choices of dessert. If alcohol is not a concern it could be impressive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.