Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AZ: TLV-BCN in J - 558$ (Looks like a mistake fare)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK

TLV-BCN in J, Bookable on Alitalia.com. Looks like a mistake fare as it usually goes for 950-1000$ and i did not find any published promotion. Dates from tomorrow until mid September (many options)

Nice option for a summer holidays in BCN with the family

enjoy
Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Is this fake business class? Three seats in a row with the middle seat blocked? If so, anything over the coach fare is too much.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
Thanks!!! great price indeed!!
Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Is this fake business class? Three seats in a row with the middle seat blocked? If so, anything over the coach fare is too much.
It is the standard "European business class" with the middle seat blocked.

it's not necessarily a bad deal, prices for TLV-BCN in the summer can get really high so 560$ isn't too bad even for Y let alone J.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
That's EXACTLY what you get. I flew TLV-FCO-CDG last month, got that plus a small pasta dish and some decent wine. I was the only passenger in the cabin (2 1/2 rows, 10 seats in total, a few occupied by AZ crewmembers dedheading back to Rome. I used Delta Miles as the mileage usage was a mere 5000 over coach, did not have to wait an hour in line for TLV security as the Business Class line was so short, and I did get Lounge access in TLV. Not a real Business Class but not a horror either.

Summing it up, if it is $ 100 over coach, it's worth it but not if it is $ 300.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Yeah, LH does the same thing on many of their short-haul flights. Bugs the bejesus out of me! Granted, I *hate* having someone in a middle seat next to me -- I'm 6'1" and broad-shouldered -- but I already know plenty of tricks for avoiding getting stuck in such a seat in Y. Flirting with a desk or gate agent does wonders -- for both genders (of agent, that is). Hey, whatever works. :-)
Old Jun 8, 2015, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by kirker
Yeah, LH does the same thing on many of their short-haul flights. Bugs the bejesus out of me! Granted, I *hate* having someone in a middle seat next to me -- I'm 6'1" and broad-shouldered -- but I already know plenty of tricks for avoiding getting stuck in such a seat in Y. Flirting with a desk or gate agent does wonders -- for both genders (of agent, that is). Hey, whatever works. :-)
Heh, I'm 6'3" and have the same, ahem, problem, and have used the same, ahem, solution in the past.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ

If you are a member of MM you also get a good amount of miles... Just with this return fare you are well on your way to Ulisse (skyteam elite)
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by terminalfive
If you are a member of MM you also get a good amount of miles... Just with this return fare you are well on your way to Ulisse (skyteam elite)
Also good for flying blue members at 200%+status bonus of 50%-100%, as platinum for example you will earn over 12,000 miles...

Can someone confirm booking class? C/J/I/D/Z??
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by TLVtraveler
Also good for flying blue members at 200%+status bonus of 50%-100%, as platinum for example you will earn over 12,000 miles...

Can someone confirm booking class? C/J/I/D/Z??
Booked into I class
Old Jun 9, 2015, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by ehud
Booked into I class
Thanks!! 12,924 miles for FB PLT! great MR!!
Old Jun 9, 2015, 12:28 am

A great MR but unfortunately can't use it...
Would have qualified for AZ PLT with this...(and some AF PVG/WUH MR already taken )
Old Jun 9, 2015, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by photographer2012
TLV-BCN in J, Bookable on Alitalia.com. Looks like a mistake fare as it usually goes for 950-1000$ and i did not find any published promotion. Dates from tomorrow until mid September (many options)

Nice option for a summer holidays in BCN with the family

enjoy
It's not a mistake fare.
Just a promo and a good one

IPRME

004 TLVBCN 08SEP15 AZ USD 255.00 IPRME STAY-03/1M BK-I
FARE CLS EXPLANATION BOOK CODES
-------- ---------------------- ----------
IPRME BUSINESS EXCURSION FARES I
IPRME BETWEEN MIDDLE EAST AND EUROPE FOR ROUND TRIP FARES
Old Jun 9, 2015, 11:51 pm

Programs: DDF Gold Elite, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis First, PC PLT, BW DE, CC GE, CP PLT, HH GE, Accor PLT
Is it dead?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by SamKey
Is it dead?
Nope, still alive (price has gone up for my dates, it's now 617$, was 564$).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.