Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Ay/ba yyz-bkk $2997.61 cad

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: ACSE*2MM,CX Diamond, BA Gold, OW Emerald,Fairmont Platinum, SPG Platnium Lifetime,

Found this fare
roundtrip:
2997.61 CAD

YYZ-HEL-BKK in J class on AY/BA lots of availability May, June, July, Aug.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 5:11 pm

Nice fare.

Do you know if the AY plane has the new J seats?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Nice fare.

Might have it on the HEL-BKK route, not the YYZ route... unless things changed the past few weeks.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ACSE*2MM,CX Diamond, BA Gold, OW Emerald,Fairmont Platinum, SPG Platnium Lifetime,
Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Nice fare.

Yes the new studio pods like Swiss on the YYZ-HEL now AB330-300 very nice....oddly the HEL-BKK has the old Business Class Seats.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 1:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
yeah nice fare OP!! I want to go back to BKK this one might be tough to resist....
Old Mar 27, 2015, 5:10 pm

I know it's not the best reason but...I'd really like to fly AY for that stem ware. It just looks so cool.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 2:16 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
This is just a regular sales fare, nothing special. It has a 4 day minimum, book before march 30. This and other lower priced fares are regularly announced at their canadian webpage.

Originally Posted by 2MMKid
oddly the HEL-BKK has the old Business Class Seats.
Not sure why it is considered odd to use their oldest equipment on a route with very very low J demand. HEL-BKK is primarily a leisure route.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by intuition
This is just a regular sales fare, nothing special. It has a 4 day minimum, book before march 30. This and other lower priced fares are regularly announced at their canadian webpage.

Not sure why it is considered odd to use their oldest equipment on a route with very very low J demand. HEL-BKK is primarily a leisure route.
According to who that HEL-BKK is primarily a leisure route?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:54 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
According to me. Feel free to have a different opinion.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:29 am
Original Poster

According to me. Feel free to have a different opinion.
Another grain of salt moment on FT.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:04 am
Moderator, Finnair

Yeez, rolling eyes now? Mature. So do you have anything but a personal opinion to offer on the demand for business cabin from nordic countries to BKK?

You asked why an airline with a limited number of planes with full flat J seats didn't move equipment from routes with very high demand in business class to the BKK-route, and I offered this explanation - BKK has significantly less demand for J.

So please tell me the facts why it would be good business to serve BKK with the most modern cabins at the cost of sending older ones to NRT, PEK and PVG?

A hint while you look for traffic numbers between nordics and BKK:
Competitor DY flying from CPH,OSL and ARN to BKK without a J cabin at all.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Yeez, rolling eyes now? Mature. So do you have anything but a personal opinion to offer on the demand for business cabin from nordic countries to BKK?

You asked why an airline with a limited number of planes with full flat J seats didn't move equipment from routes with very high demand in business class to the BKK-route, and I offered this explanation - BKK has significantly less demand for J.

So please tell me the facts why it would be good business to serve BKK with the most modern cabins at the cost of sending older ones to NRT, PEK and PVG?

A hint while you look for traffic numbers between nordics and BKK:
Competitor DY flying from CPH,OSL and ARN to BKK without a J cabin at all.

I doubt your opinion to be true since I think AY would need to relocate from Finland in order to fill there J Class cabins. They are actually known for the shortest connections from Europe to all Asia points. In any event, the J cabin on BKK is usually the newer one except this route looks to have reverted back to the old seats for the summer period.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I can find good availability on AY but nothing on partial/complete BA itineraries. Can anyone provide example dates or search tips? Tried ITA, Orbitz, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.