Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

(Business) SkyTeam: Europe+TLV > CTU/WUH/XIY/XMN; 999€ ai r/t master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Business) SkyTeam: Europe+TLV > CTU/WUH/XIY/XMN; 999€ ai r/t master thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2015, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by TLVtraveler
You are right about WBC/EBC earning BUT in the TLV case, despite being advertised as WBC it's actually being ticketed as J while earning 250%. I think the situation on the TLV route is unique as it's not really WBC but it's also not really EBC (as mentioned before, on the TLV route you will get all the WBC amenities but with a Y seat). We actually had an interesting discussion regarding that matter in the KL forum, KLM seems to not understand the Israeli market, while most carriers consider TLV a golden ticket, KLM doesn't seem to profit too much out of that route:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...-strategy.html

I think the reason that KLM sells the TLV route as J and not Z is to compensate pax for the bad hard product they offer.
Thanks! That's very interesting, I didn't know! That makes it quite interesting from a MR point of view as it thus earns over 5000 level miles each way, which is, for instance, more than most East coast USA routes in Z!!
Old Apr 11, 2015, 9:15 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Thanks! That's very interesting, I didn't know! That makes it quite interesting from a MR point of view as it thus earns over 5000 level miles each way, which is, for instance, more than most East coast USA routes in Z!!
hmmm, for NA based customers makes the idea of combining with the BOS fares more attractive http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...827-ai-rt.html
Old Apr 12, 2015, 1:03 am

Programs: AF Flying Blue Platinum ST E+/ AAdvantage Platinum OW SPH/ TK Miles&Smiles Elite *A Gold
Dear ALL,

If someone can help me with this one as information is so sparse on the internet and not a single mention about WUH or that WUH is announced as the next 72 hours visa free program but not yet published on TIMATIC.

I have:

AF CDG/WUH arriving 0930 16/5

connecting with a separate ticket (Flying Blue award) the same day:

CZ WUH/HKT non stop 23:00 16/5

Is this good enough for the 24 hour visa free transit in WUH? I am putting myself in the worse scenario as the 72 hours is still not published yet for this airport.

Separate tickets will mean not having boarding passed with CZ and probably bags wont be checked till final destination to have in mind.
Thanks in advance,

GC.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 5:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by giancarlosilvestri
Dear ALL,

If someone can help me with this one as information is so sparse on the internet and not a single mention about WUH or that WUH is announced as the next 72 hours visa free program but not yet published on TIMATIC.

I have:

AF CDG/WUH arriving 0930 16/5

connecting with a separate ticket (Flying Blue award) the same day:

CZ WUH/HKT non stop 23:00 16/5

Is this good enough for the 24 hour visa free transit in WUH? I am putting myself in the worse scenario as the 72 hours is still not published yet for this airport.

Separate tickets will mean not having boarding passed with CZ and probably bags wont be checked till final destination to have in mind.
Thanks in advance,

GC.
You already posted the same thing here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china...thread-51.html

The wikipost for that thread contains sufficient info to address your query (i.e. your plan is okay.).
Old Apr 12, 2015, 2:06 pm

Programs: AF Flying Blue Platinum ST E+/ AAdvantage Platinum OW SPH/ TK Miles&Smiles Elite *A Gold
Originally Posted by moondog
You already posted the same thing here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china...thread-51.html

The wikipost for that thread contains sufficient info to address your query (i.e. your plan is okay.).

Cheers Man!
Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by KL803
I had no problems to replicate your itinerary on www.kayak.com, interestingly though only by selecting the country (at the bottom of the page) to either Italy, Germany or Switzerland… I also managed to get the fare on matrix.itasoftware.com with exactly your above routing. If you have time to play, check out this thread, install the script then you can book it on Delta Airlines
Ended up asking my TA to make the booking for me...
Old Apr 16, 2015, 3:47 am

OK Booked AF-

TLV-CDG-PVG (5 nights in Shanghai)
PVG-WUH (overnight) // WUH-CAN-TLV
All in Z (or J) Class. New 777-200 seats!

1223$ All in !!

Any reason not to credit the flights to AZ (200% for AF flights)?

Last edited by ehud; Apr 16, 2015 at 11:25 pm
Old Apr 16, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by ehud
New 777-200 seats!
How do you know the flights will have the new seats?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by gordo6
How do you know the flights will have the new seats?
Those Long haul legs are always operated with the new configuration (1-2-1)
I also had the opportunity to select seats.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:37 am

OK Booked AF-

1223$ All in !!

How do you get the return flight to route through CAN?

I can find TLV-CDG-PVG / PVG-WUH / WUH-CDG on google flights and expedia, but anytime I try to include CAN, either there are no flights found, or the price doubles or triples.

Any suggestions?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:28 pm

OK Booked AF-

1223$ All in !!

How did you get the return to route through CAN? I can price TLV-CDG-PVG, PVG-WUH, WUH-CDG-TLV, but not with CAN included.

What did you do that I am missing??
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by baxxter
How did you get the return to route through CAN? I can price TLV-CDG-PVG, PVG-WUH, WUH-CDG-TLV, but not with CAN included.

What did you do that I am missing??
Expedia.com
From my experience you have to have the return flights departing WUH on Tuesdays.
Anyway don't put WUH-CAN as an additional leg on Expedia

See example below:

Flight 1:
Tue. May. 26
Tel Aviv Shanghai Paris
TLV 5:40pm PVG 4:35pm +1 day 1 Stop
17h 55m
Air France 1621
Air France 116

Flight 2: Mon. Jun. 1
Shanghai Wuhan
PVG 12:45pm WUH 2:35pm Nonstop
1h 50m
China Eastern Airlines 2692

Flight 3: Tue. Jun. 2
Wuhan Tel Aviv Guangzhou, Paris
WUH 7:20pm TLV 4:20pm +1 day 2 Stops
26h 0m
Air France 4407 operated by China Southern Airlines
Air France 107
Air France 1620

$1,233
per person
includes taxes & fees

Last edited by ehud; Apr 20, 2015 at 1:33 pm
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:29 am

Changes?

Well, I booked 3 tix for late October on this fare, KL Z (short haul in J), and I accidentally booked the wrong dates . My children have their school holidays a full week later . Booked on Exp about 1 week ago. Z fare is supposed to be non refundable and no changes permitted (afaik).

Anybody succeeded somehow to change the dates? And would it make a difference in this case to make changes after flown the first leg CGN-AMS?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by Epicura
Well, I booked 3 tix for late October on this fare, KL Z (short haul in J), and I accidentally booked the wrong dates . My children have their school holidays a full week later . Booked on Exp about 1 week ago. Z fare is supposed to be non refundable and no changes permitted (afaik).

Anybody succeeded somehow to change the dates? And would it make a difference in this case to make changes after flown the first leg CGN-AMS?
On the KLM website (My Trip) the fare rules say 400USD to cancel and 240USD to change. Which is weird because I was sure it was non-refundable when I purchased the ticket (though I remembered it was changeable).

Contact KLM.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
I tried making changes for our easter trip HEL-WUH/XIY-HEL, and they were very strict about enforcing the rule. I tried a few agents separately, but to no avail. In the end, we were actually rerouted on the outbound due to inclement weather in AMS and ended up flying HEL-PEK on AY, so I guess karma was on my side this time .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.