Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Are cell phones and laptops the next banned items?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are cell phones and laptops the next banned items?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2006, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bnarayan1511
He was on MSNBC a day or two after the announcement of the water carnival, lambasting the TSA, DHS and pretty much echoing the things in this article. He said, alsmost verbatim, "The TSA is incompetent." ^
The website has a street address in Evergreen, CO. Which means Boyd likely gets to go through DEN often. I'm glad he gets to see "the best of the best" in security futility.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 12:45 pm

Programs: 1K, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I missed that I have been keeping away from the news because I can't stand one more interview with another sheeple passenger or another self-proclaimed security expert with another inane solution.

Good for him! Hope some people were paying attention - although I bet the reporter doing the interview tried to bait him by suggesting his opinion was creating risk and making air travel more vulnerable.
Try this link:
http://video.msn.com/v/us/dw.htm?m=u...5-84F3A19EA2D2

It was CNBC, not MSNBC, my mistake.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Before they ban them, cell phone purchases will be reported to law enforcement:

Cell Phone Investigation: State Compiling Data
More here:

http://www.wqow.com/news/articles/article_7343.shtml
Old Aug 15, 2006, 1:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Before they ban them, cell phone purchases will be reported to law enforcement:

More here:

http://www.wqow.com/news/articles/article_7343.shtml
Been there, done that. The infamous Broward County Sheriffs Office (aka, America's Gestapo) had a deputy at the customer service desk of the old paging company Pagenet. The deputy recorded the personal information of every subscriber so they could easily track who was paging who. The war on drugs, ya know

I could easily get a fake ID, generate a 'social security number' masquerading as a Taxpayer ID number with that fake name as the 'company name', and get cell phone service with any provider by posting a cash deposit. How will those calls be traced to me? Ha! I think not.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 6:31 pm

[QUOTE=thegeneral]Travel became quite difficult after 9/11, but it went back to normal.[/QUOTES]

Nuts to that! It took them four years to relax the ban on toenail clippers. Four friggin' years!

And you think they have a clue about aviation security up there at TSA headquarters? If so, they do a darn good job of hiding it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.