Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2014, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mabuk dan gila
APC Locations: ATL AUA AUH AUS BOS CLT MDW ORD DFW DEN DTW DUB YEG FLL IAH LAS LAX MIA MSP YUL NAS JFK EWR MCO PHL PHX PDX RNO SLC SAN SFO SEA TPA YYZ YVR IAD

Eligible persons at all APC airports: U.S. and Canadian passport holders and international visitors from Visa Waiver Program countries are eligible to use APC kiosks. Visa Waiver Program visitors must have Electronic System for Travel Authorizations (ESTA) approval prior to travel and have visited the United States on at least one occasion after 2008.

Eligible persons at some but not all APC airports: US permanent residents might be eligible to use APC kiosks at LAX, SFO, ORD, DTW; probably more by now.
Print Wikipost

US CBP Automated Passport Control

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:23 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by cbn42
Yes, you can. APC is not mandatory.
Indeed, but, for going this route, a passenger might get some looks or questions from airport contractor types or CBP.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Why would you not want to use them?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by catocony
Why would you not want to use them?
Because sometimes the line to use the APC kiosks is longer and slower than when not using them and instead going through the line with the old school type US visa users.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:22 pm

Using LPR / GC at APC

At SFO the APC kiosks are open for citizens and LPRs. We were trying APC kiosk for first time and couldn't get our LPRs to work on it.

Somehow instructions were misleading or confused us, showing barcode (on backside) to be upside. There was a assistant who was just directing people whom we informed that it didn't work and we need to do just get it processed with the CBP agent and she just directed us to the line instead of trying herself (even though we should have tried it ourselves by reversing the side).

The CBP processed us and when we mentioned about the APC scanning issue, he indicated the LPR card barcode should be at bottom. we just indicated it was bit confusing since images out there showed barcode side being up.

Not sure if any LPRs had similar experience first time. Will be a while before we try it again next time.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:39 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Can the APC kiosks in SFO handle B1/B2 holders?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by SilverChris
Can the APC kiosks in SFO handle B1/B2 holders?
Not directly answering your question, but the ones at DFW now seem to handle everyone. I went through in December with 2 x ESTA holders and a B1/B2 paper visa holder in our family group. Got an X though...
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by Billy001
At SFO the APC kiosks are open for citizens and LPRs. We were trying APC kiosk for first time and couldn't get our LPRs to work on it.

Somehow instructions were misleading or confused us, showing barcode (on backside) to be upside. There was a assistant who was just directing people whom we informed that it didn't work and we need to do just get it processed with the CBP agent and she just directed us to the line instead of trying herself (even though we should have tried it ourselves by reversing the side).

The CBP processed us and when we mentioned about the APC scanning issue, he indicated the LPR card barcode should be at bottom. we just indicated it was bit confusing since images out there showed barcode side being up.

Not sure if any LPRs had similar experience first time. Will be a while before we try it again next time.
Yes, the instructions is misleading, picture up, barcode down when placing your LPR card on the reader. Not only in SFO, have seen it at MIA, DFW, ATL, and ORD
Old Mar 5, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold
Does anyone have an idea what this black bar means on the receipt? I never had this before:

deletet because of personal data

Last edited by krabbenkopf; Mar 6, 2017 at 5:37 pm
Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Did it result in extra screening or questioning?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by krabbenkopf
Does anyone have an idea what this black bar means on the receipt? I never had this before:

Attachment 28177
"Passage granted" is your referral code.

NFIQ score?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyIgglesFly
Did it result in extra screening or questioning?
No, none of them.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 3:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by krabbenkopf
No, none of them.
You got the PG code, which means passage granted -- no problem. Are you around 1.93m tall?

The HML is for high, medium, low.

Last edited by GUWonder; Mar 7, 2017 at 3:46 am
Old Mar 11, 2017, 12:17 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
On the wiki I see YYZ (I guess for pre-clearance to the US).
There is no YYZ in the app.
Where is the error?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by Houminer
On the wiki I see YYZ (I guess for pre-clearance to the US).
There is no YYZ in the app.
Where is the error?
You're confusing Automated Passport Control, the kiosks that scan your passport(/Green Card) and allow you to answer customs questions, with Mobile Passport Control, the smartphone app that allow you to enter passport details+customs questions on your phone.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 1:58 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by iamflyer
You're confusing Automated Passport Control, the kiosks that scan your passport(/Green Card) and allow you to answer customs questions, with Mobile Passport Control, the smartphone app that allow you to enter passport details+customs questions on your phone.
Yup! You are right...
My mistake

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.