Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Bluetooth Policies

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, Marriott, Starwood, et al
Airline Bluetooth Policies

I searched earlier today to try to find a thread which described or linked to policies of airlines with respect to bluetooth accessories such as headsets, mice, and keyboards. No luck, except for the UA thread linked below. Below are links to some of these policies that may be useful to others:

UA FT Discussion on subject, where BT is reportedly permitted, but not clear that this has made it into UA written policies: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24403751-post106.html

Good luck!
Old Nov 15, 2016, 1:24 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
KL: Telling people on Facebook it's allowed, but de facto not allowed: https://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/abo...e_on_board.htm
Old Nov 15, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
We have been using wireless headphones for about two plus years now without issue on AA and DL. We do have the option to "hardwire" the headphones and have done that to watch and listen to the airline inflight entertainment but have never been asked to do that when using our iPads. We rarely use our laptops with their wireless mice on a plane and actually never thought about it.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:23 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
I've never had the staff of any airline contest my use of bluetooth headphones. Not sure they've ever noticed, though.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
I've never had the staff of any airline contest my use of bluetooth headphones. Not sure they've ever noticed, though.
Technically Bluetooth isn't supposed to be used in flight. Most airline policies include Bluetooth in the detailed section of their policy. In reality it's basically impossible to know if someone is using it.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 9:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
I've been told to stop using a wireless mouse in-flight. It was either BA or LH.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 1:38 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by British Airways
All Bluetooth accessories (for example wireless keyboard, headphones, etc) may only be used
during the flight but must remain switched off for taxi, take-off and landing
From: http://www.britishairways.com/cms/gl...oard_Dec14.pdf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.