Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

TSA checkpoint for completed flight before another

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA checkpoint for completed flight before another

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2016, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Not if it's after the check in cutoff. This could be a problem if the inbound flight is delayed.
Then have her OLCI and get the BP from the gate agent. Just tell them she came in on another carrier and she needs her BP. OTOH, if she's late enough not to be able to checkin there's a good risk of being too late for the flight even with one.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Without knowing the airports, airlines, and and even the flight numbers, a definitive answer to your question is impossible.

In the simplest situation where I have the boarding pass for the second ticket, both tickets are domestic, and the flight for the first ticket arrives in the same concourse, I don't have to be re-screened. I've done this many times.

There was one time when I had a flight on United and another on SouthWest. I bought the SouthWest flight while in the concourse, but the online check in wasn't working. So I had to walk the gate to get the boarding pass. The SouthWest agent would not issue me a boarding pass until I prove how I got to the secure area. I showed her my United boarding pass.

You say TSA, but sometimes people use the TSA as a generic term for airport security screening. In many countries, the experience of arriving at the airport on a domestic flight and strolling to the gate for a connection does not exist. In India and some other Asian countries, every arriving connecting passenger has to go through security screening. Which pretty much kills the airline hub and spoke business model.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mre5765
There was one time when I had a flight on United and another on SouthWest. I bought the SouthWest flight while in the concourse, but the online check in wasn't working. So I had to walk the gate to get the boarding pass. The SouthWest agent would not issue me a boarding pass until I prove how I got to the secure area. I showed her my United boarding pass.
Had that once on a quick turn segment run. Walked off a plane, 20 minutes later went back to the GA at the same gate and asked for a BP. She wondered the same, i.e., how I got into the secured area without one. Told her I had just walked off that plane, but that they didn't issue me a BP at the first airport, so I needed to get it here. She was confused, so I explained that I took the flight in order to get the last 2 segments I needed for my status. She was even more bewildered at that, but finally issued my new BP.

Also, the OP hasn't been back since 20 minutes after posting the thread...
Old Oct 5, 2016, 9:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - As you can see, there are a Zillion (possibly only 3.45553 Billion) permutations to a very simple question with a very simple answer for your wife's specific situation. Transferring at PRG may not be relevant if you are doing a domestic transfer at ORD on UA.

But, in order to give you a definitive answer to that simple answer, we need:

1. What airport are we talking about?
2. Arriving carrier / arriving from / flight #
3. Departing carrier / departing to / flight #

At that point, barring some massive problem which could affect any traveler, it will be easy to provide a simple answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.