Wiki Posts
Search

Canada: Domestic Check-In Issues

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Canada: Domestic Check-In Issues

Hi,

I have an issue using the on-line or kiosk check-in for WestJet. This is an issue when flying domestically as well. Some background, a few years ago I applied for a redress number as I was told I had a "common" name. Whenever I flew, I had to head to the check-in desk and they would make a call and send me on my way. Then, if I was flying to the U.S., I would undergo additional security clearance by US customs.

After getting my redress number, all of these issues went away thankfully. However, there is something peculiar about WestJet. Even if I am flying domestically within Canada, their system does not allow me to check-in. I always have to go to the counter and they make a quick call then say it's ok and give me my boarding pass. Interestingly, there are no issues with Air Canada domestically or internationally for that matter.

Anyone else have this problem? What is preventing WestJet from allowing me to check-in domestically using their system? I called WestJet and they made inquiries for me but said there is nothing they can do. They have no control over these types of things in their system. I still don't understand why it's only WestJet. I have no issues like this with any other airline.
Old May 18, 2015, 9:59 am

perhaps it's best to avoid WestJet if you don't want the inconvenience....pretty sure you're not the only one....
Old May 22, 2015, 6:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Have you or can you enter the redress number into your profile with Westjet or otherwise attach it to your tickets with them?

The airlines I know have a place to enter a redress number and a trusted traveler number in one's profile. It doesn't seem to be sufficient to have these numbers associated with the passport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.