Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Denied Tourist Visa, need help please

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2015, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Denied Tourist Visa, need help please

Hi There, i am 27yrs old Australian Female.

I am going to try and keep this short, i overstayed my tourist visa by 1 day back in 2013.. I didnt realize this as it was a delta error when booking, Went back over in 2014, denied entry because i didnt have a visa (wasn't aware)

Waited another year, to come back over now was wanting to go end of March for Wrestlemania then to stay with friends

Now i have a married couple who filled out sponser forms, who own there house, have savings etc.. and wrote an invite letter

I have $11,000 saved

I am on centerlink right now but self employed with an Ebay business, Internet marketing and helping my mother who is a registered Dog Breeder, (I Made $3000 alone this month on ebay so i am well on my way to getting things right workwise)

I had Bills in my name, I own a car, my mother has heart issues and i live at home with her to help with her problems and support with Rent.. She had wrote a letter explaining this as well

I bought alot of evidence of these things with me but my problem is today i wasnt offered the chance to show any of these things or mention it.. it was very straight forward, Are you Working, do you Own a House, Your reason for travelling, and straight away Sorry your application was denied.... Reason being not enough ties... I am so upset, my best friends live in America, i went from Seeing them once a year to not at all for the past 2 years now.... and i am not really sure what to improve or if i should reschedule another appointment ?? Any advice please!!
Old Feb 26, 2015, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A sponsor doesn't help with an inadequate-ties denial. Your income is on-line, that doesn't tie you to Australia much at all. I can easily see how you got denied.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
They want to see strong ties to Australia and weak ties to America. I don't know that having an American couple sponsoring you helps. I don't think you should mention to them "My best friends live in America." I hope you have better luck next time.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Visa overstay followed by denied entry means that the rest of the questioning was likely perfunctory.

With the exception of helping mum with the dogs, you have a business which could be done from anywhere in the world with a broadband connection and your best friends are in the US.

This is going to take some time and a set of solid ties to home before you make it through the process.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:17 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Don't blame Delta for 2013 and your lack of awareness in 2014. Those errors are your responsibility and are your primary cause for the scrutiny you are receiving.

As others have said, proving strong ties to your home country is the key and it doesn't seem like you are able to prove such to the satisfaction of CBP. Your earlier violation and rejected entry set the bar higher than most, unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.