Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting a visa and secondary checkpoint

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Getting a visa and secondary checkpoint

Hi Guys, Just wondering if anyone has been in this situation or any advice for the past 5years i have been going to America for 2-3months on the visa waiver program.. (i am from Australia) in 2013, i had an overstay that i wasn't quite sure on.. it was a Delta mix up with the website saying my duration of trip was 90 days.. Of course i didn't think to count it up myself and it ended up being 91days.. I booked flights, got over there last year in March 2014 and got locked up for the day and denied entry, Told i had overstayed the year before and would have to get a visa next time i come over...(not banned) Fast forward to now 2015..

I am planning to go back over end of March for Wrestlemania, and to see my friends , applying for Visa early Feb.. (getting more funds together) I would like to go 4-6weeks (would of liked longer but think i am pushing my luck)

I have friends all over, and like to attend alot of wrestling shows etc as well as sightsee of-course.

So the dilemma i have is i am currently not working, what are my chances of getting a visa? I have $6000 leftover from my trip last year that didn't happen. I also will have another 4000-6000 by march.. So after flights/Travel insurance i should have around 9-10,000 (Won't be quite that much by time i apply for visa though)

I have had a rough year, i am training to wrestle which is is a tough schedule, I have had to take time off due to injury, my mother has bad uncontrolled diabetes and she had a cancer scare that we are still trying to get to the bottom of, I live with my mother and have been helping her around the house while dealing with the stress around our family. She is a registered breeder so i have taken over duties of looking after our dogs and also while helping her with my brothers who she is carers for.

I am also currently setting up my own work from home so i can work around my home issues, With making a bit on Ebay, and with Websites, internet marketing.. This is something i hope to build upon over the next year alot along with hopefully taking a course when i return from America. (photography or business course)

I just would like to know any tips on how i should explain my mums health situation and the things i am doing from home?

My friend and his wife are also filling in sponsor forms for me and writing an invite letter, Should they supply anything else? I am not even sure this is needed, but would like it for backup.

So everything i will have

8,000-10,000 spending money
Bills in my name
My name is on the lease with my mothers
I live with my mother, so maybe a letter from her
My Car Registration that's valid for a year
Maybe a copy of my plans for my trip.
And maybe a course that i am looking into?

Anything else that might help?

I dont want to buy my flights until/If i get approved...

Sorry for Such a long post, i suffer slight Social anxiety and am a little nervous about applying for my visa.

On top of that, I have been told by one of the CBP officers that in future trips i will be always sent to secondary checkpoint and never to make plans on my first day there... What type of stuff will i face there with a visa?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.