Wiki Posts
Search

Damaged fingerprint - an issue or not?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Damaged fingerprint - an issue or not?

I'm hesitant if I am posting in wrong place...

Due to a minor accident I have damaged my fingers so that I will not reproduce proper fingerprints. Given some not-so-kind experiences of giving fingerprints, should I be worried if I am not able to reproduce my fingerprints where I am requested? I do have biometric passport anyway.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: Platinum-CO-DL-Priority Club WN A-list Diomond-Hilton-BW Gold-Choice Hertz Presidents Club
Never been a problem for me. If they're damaged, there's nothing anyone can do about it.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Houston.Business
Never been a problem for me. If they're damaged, there's nothing anyone can do about it.
OK. Hope so. I just remember a nasty event, when border control kept me long time as they were not happy with the fingerprint scans.

I just wonder then what the h is the point of scanning those...
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by FFlash
Due to a minor accident I have damaged my fingers so that I will not reproduce proper fingerprints. Given some not-so-kind experiences of giving fingerprints, should I be worried if I am not able to reproduce my fingerprints where I am requested?
This area is kinda my expertise. Is it all fingers, or only the index?

If it's the index, you can usually choose a secondary finger or fingers for biometrics (there are allowances for this in almost all, just as if someone was missing fingers).
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:38 am
YKF

The DNA sample passport is next
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SM
Originally Posted by YKF
The DNA sample passport is next
And not just any DNA sample
Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:38 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
My friend's thumbprint has been eroded by lab chemicals and is no longer recognized by the HKID chip reader.

The idiots in Wan Chai said that thumbprints can never change so it must that the chip in the card has failed. They made him pay for a new card, without re-recording his thumbprint, so it still doesn't work.

However, going to a human is usually faster, except that they are trained to ask you one question only: "What is your name?"

The problem for him is that one of the characters in his name has an unusual pronunciation, so the grunts don't know how to read it, despite an orthographically accurate Romanisation (for English speakers) being given on the card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.