Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LIS security and baby milk - were they right?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, LH Miles & More, AF/KLM Flying Blue, Le Club Accorhotels, Tesco Clubcard
LIS security and baby milk - were they right?

Recently transited LIS from MAN where we purchased four cartons of baby milk for our child at Boots. Asked the staff to pack in one of the sealed bags with a receipt in view of our upcoming transit.

Got the bag out at LIS transit security - cue many furrowed brows and discussions with supervisors re: our milk. The receipt was studied several times. In the end they opened the bag and put each individual carton through some sort of machine before eventually allowing us to proceed. They ironically have us the milk back without the remains of the "security" bag which they threw in the bin...

Were they right to do this? I would have thought we were home and dry with the bag as per the rules? If so what was the point of getting the bag in the first place?

I can't help thing it would have been much more straightforward if it had been a bottle of whisky in the bag and not baby milk!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.