Wiki Posts
Search

Security wait times website

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2012, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Security wait times website

guys

Is there a decent website that provides you avg wait times for a particular time slot at US airports (domestic travel)

Amazingly, TSA official website has had a broken link for over a year! Click on wait time information at this link
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...rial_1683.shtm

TSA has a new app and website that shows you what others have reported but usage is so low that you get old times
http://apps.tsa.dhs.gov/mytsa/wait_times_home.aspx

Also, as a side question, if you are running late for a flight, does security allow you to jump the line? Like if you get to security at 5:35 for a 6pm flight. Not that I intend to but it almost happened last Thurs

Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2012, 9:34 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
For discussion, I'll move this to the proper travel security forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:07 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Some airports like Atlanta have wait times on their website updated every few minutes.

Dulles updated every minute.

The TSA's android and iphone app is supposed to share wait times but don't have any clue if it's accurate or not.

I've seen people moved to the front of the line by airline people "Anybody on the 6:00 flight? Anybody?" and I've seen others where they could care less and nobody jumped. There's no standard for that.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2mm; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sam007
Also, as a side question, if you are running late for a flight, does security allow you to jump the line? Like if you get to security at 5:35 for a 6pm flight. Not that I intend to but it almost happened last Thurs
TSA doesn't really care if you jump the line up to the TDC (individual TSOs could potentially complain, though they shouldn't), and if you can't get an airline rep to help, you'll likely get the same results by politely asking people in front of you.

Jumping the line between the TDC and the xray isn't typically done, but that line moves pretty fast, usually. Either way, asking politely is always your best bet if you're really down to the wire.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.