Schengen Landing/Arrival/Immigration Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2012, 5:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SAllen
Just would like to update that no card for AMS required
With the exception of Spain, an immigration landing card is not a general requirement in any Schengen country that has a hub for a Star Alliance, Oneworld or SkyTeam airline.

And AMS is a hub for a SkyTeam airline.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:06 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
I had to fill in one for France but that was back in 2003. Compared to forms required for entering Australia, Canada, and the UK the French one was a joke. It actually called for my home residential address in the US, not the address I was staying an in France.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 4:41 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by thomwithanh
I had to fill in one for France but that was back in 2003. Compared to forms required for entering Australia, Canada, and the UK the French one was a joke. It actually called for my home residential address in the US, not the address I was staying an in France.
France has in the main phased that out. Even before they were generally phased out, the French one was a joke in that often at CDG they wouldn't even look at them or collect them; and if they did collect and/or look at them, then they wouldn't necessarily even open the passport presented to the biodata/photo page.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Spain no longer uses the immigration form, at least not for US Citizens. I can confirm having entered Spain by air multiple times this year (2012).

Nor does Germany or France.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 2:50 pm

They should get rid of the stupid forms in Canada/US, and make it more like Europe/Schengen/EU. It enables a faster flow of people and less hassle for all involved.

The Canadian customs form particularly is a nuisance
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:10 am

Programs: Delta AmEx Gold, United MileagePlus Explorer, Former Delta Silver Medallion & United Premier Silver
France did use a form during 2009. It was only for public health reasons and was due to swine flu and they wanted to be able to link passengers to a particular flight if anyone got sick. You turned the forms in as you exited the plane to the flight crew, they bundled them, and turned them over to the authorities. It was mandatory to enter the country for all, Schengen and non-schengen, passport holders.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:01 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by okamzikprosim
France did use a form during 2009. It was only for public health reasons and was due to swine flu and they wanted to be able to link passengers to a particular flight if anyone got sick. You turned the forms in as you exited the plane to the flight crew, they bundled them, and turned them over to the authorities. It was mandatory to enter the country for all, Schengen and non-schengen, passport holders.
Yeah, I remember those. THey were interested in where you sat on the plane and how to contact within 24 hours even if in transit.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 6:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Spain no longer uses the immigration form, at least not for US Citizens. I can confirm having entered Spain by air multiple times this year (2012).

Nor does Germany or France.
Not used for anyone anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.