Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avoiding WBI at ORD UA Terminal 1?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Avoiding WBI at ORD UA Terminal 1?

Any secrets to avoiding WBI at the UA terminal (T1) at ORD? I know at T2 it's as easy as staying to the left and taking the elite lane, as there is only one WBI all the way on the right side. Any similar secrets at ORD to keep UA travel tolerable?
Old Aug 26, 2011, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by javabytes
Any secrets to avoiding WBI at the UA terminal (T1) at ORD? I know at T2 it's as easy as staying to the left and taking the elite lane, as there is only one WBI all the way on the right side. Any similar secrets at ORD to keep UA travel tolerable?
Check out the site in my signature. From what I can see, it looks like the evening is better than the morning at Terminal 1. I don't go through there often, so I don't know if there's a way to get to Terminal 1 from a more Constitution-friendly checkpoint in another terminal.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Take a look at the checkpoint near the LH/ANA counters. Seems as though they are rarely using the NoS. You could also try T2, as it is cinnected to T1.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Take a look at the checkpoint near the LH/ANA counters. Seems as though they are rarely using the NoS.
Suirely this is a YMMV, since the last 3 times I've been through THAT checkpoint I have been shunted to the WBI 100% of the time. This is my home airport, btw.
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
You could also try T2, as it is cinnected to T1.
I think this is the better method, if you want to avoid it altogether.

Dave
Old Sep 2, 2011, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by bseller
Suirely this is a YMMV, since the last 3 times I've been through THAT checkpoint I have been shunted to the WBI 100% of the time. This is my home airport, btw.
+1 ... that was my experience the last 2 times through that checkpoint ... and ORD is my home airport as well.

If you have *A Gold status, the US T2 priority lanes are a safer bet
Old Sep 2, 2011, 10:31 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
I tried the ANA/LH Priority lane and the UA Priority lane in T1, this is my home airport. Both are using WBIs and I don't see any rhyme or reason to the timing, it happens throughout the day, but it seems like the mornings are the worst. Agree that ANA/LH checkpoint seems to be WBI almost 100% of the time.

I opt-out every time and the molestations are usually completed rather quickly and relatively painlessly, as far as molestations go (compared to other airports).

I think T2 would probably be a safer bet (when I used to fly through there WBIs were rarely used), but its still not that convenient. Just opt-out.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 10:32 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Avoiding the RapeScam machines at ORD T-1 is very difficult due to the setup there.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 5:25 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Ari
Avoiding the RapeScam machines at ORD T-1 is very difficult due to the setup there.
ORD is my home airport. Last month was the first time it was open for the elite line when I was there. Went through mid-morning instead of earlier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.