Wiki Posts
Search

A tip for picture taking

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2011, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: HP/US Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
A tip for picture taking

For those with an Android phone there is a way to automatically upload photos. This way if Barney Fife wants you to delete your photos, they are already stored elsewhere.

Things you'll need.

1) Android phone (Not sure if iPhone works)
2) Google+ Account
3) Google+ App
4) Picasa account (set to private)

There is a setting in the Google+ App to automatically upload ALL photos to Picasa. Turn this to "on" and every photo you take at a checkpoint (or anywhere else) is safe forever. Simply log on to your Picasa account to share, download, or email the file elsewhere. Videos work as well, but may need a wifi conneciton.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: United
And make sure that your photos have aesthetic value.
http://gizmodo.com/5831230/long-beac...c-value-photos
Old Aug 17, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
I've only played around with Google+, but are you sure that deleting the picture on the phone does not automatically delete it on Google+? Upload also may not be instant if you don't have a good data connection too, and if they take your phone and you are logged in they may be able to access even more stuff.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HP/US Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by tev9999
I've only played around with Google+, but are you sure that deleting the picture on the phone does not automatically delete it on Google+? Upload also may not be instant if you don't have a good data connection too, and if they take your phone and you are logged in they may be able to access even more stuff.
- If you delete a photo from your phone it does not get deleted from Picasa.

- You would need a decent connection for this to work, but if you are in a wifi airport you could use that.

- You can't tell you're logged into anything. It happens in the background if you enable those features.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.