Opt out and Radiation.

Old May 3, 2014, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Opt out and Radiation.

I just read on my FB feed about someone opting out of the airport security scanner due to radiation.
Has anyone done this? What are your reasoning's? Thoughts?

Thanks
Old May 3, 2014, 12:18 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to appropriate TS/S forum
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old May 3, 2014, 5:29 pm

I don't see why not..

Went through EWR and opted out for the first time. I just told the guy "I don't really want to go through that". That was all I said.
Old May 3, 2014, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xero9
I don't see why not..

Went through EWR and opted out for the first time. I just told the guy "I don't really want to go through that". That was all I said.

Interesting. And it makes sense.
Old May 4, 2014, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i have a pacemaker. i do not go through. it is a real pain in the butt. i get set to a side, and when someone has the time, they do a wand search, and a pat down. go through the machine.
Old May 6, 2014, 12:32 am
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Yes, I always opt out. I do not want to be irradiated any more than necessary. There is a lot of debate over whether the radiation is safe or not, but I would prefer not to take chances.

Once you figure out how to go about it, and get used to someone touching you, opting out is quick and painless.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.