Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

TSA Finds Suspicious Substance in BOS Bag Room

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2011, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

The local NBC affiliate was running "Breaking News" coverage of a suspicious substance found in the Term B bag room at BOS. No terminal dump but there was all sorts of hoopla all over the news about the TSA being on high alert. After investigating, the substance turned out to be......... MUD!

Go TSA!
Old Jun 14, 2011, 4:25 pm

And here I thought they may have found someoen's integrity.

My bad.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 4:55 pm

Programs: CO Platinum
Originally Posted by WChou
The local NBC affiliate was running "Breaking News" coverage of a suspicious substance found in the Term B bag room at BOS. No terminal dump but there was all sorts of hoopla all over the news about the TSA being on high alert. After investigating, the substance turned out to be......... MUD!

Go TSA!
It could have been explosive mud!
Old Jun 14, 2011, 4:57 pm

Was it high alert or "high" alert?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Did the bomb squad get a robot to detonate the mud in the parking lot? You know, you just cant be to careful these days.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 8:09 pm

Programs: TSA Disparager Gold
Latest story here:
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.s...or_umass-.html

Sure am glad they are protecting us. (with our money!)
Old Jun 14, 2011, 9:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'd be more concerned that the mud sample may not have been properly declared at customs and may include micro-organisms not native to the area.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 9:39 pm

Go TSA!
They were possibly mud pies, which would be a liquid.. err gel... or something. Out of an abundance of caution!
Old Jun 14, 2011, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Pesky Monkey
They were possibly mud pies, which would be a liquid.. err gel... or something. Out of an abundance of caution!
I don't see any evidence is being found. What is suspicious package inside the checked bags. I don't believe it. They didn't forced evacuated from terminals. It wasn't have any exploisives inside checked bags. There is no trace to being found. Didn't TSA has already notify the passengers who having a suspicious bags?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 7:10 am

Programs: DL, WN, US, Avis, AA

Go TSA!
I don't blame TSA for carefully checking this out. After all mud contains water and we all know how dangerous that is!!!!
Old Jun 15, 2011, 2:38 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie

Go TSA!
I was at Logan yesterday from 3Pm-6PM and saw nothing out of the ordinary in terms of TSA hoopla and high alert.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Originally Posted by Plato90s
I'd be more concerned that the mud sample may not have been properly declared at customs and may include micro-organisms not native to the area.
My thoughts too. Such soil samples and any real bio weapons show the stupidity of the Boys with the Toys bomb squad mentality. Put suspect backpack or My Little Pony outside on pavement near grass, blast it apart with a water cannon, blow it 30 feet in all directions with a C4 M80 cuz it's just sooo neat to be able to do this, let the rain wash it into the grass, groundwater, and down the storm drain to the nearest river. While Keeping Us Safe. You almost could not design a better bio spreading method than their SOP for dealing with unknowns.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by goalie
I was at Logan yesterday from 3Pm-6PM and saw nothing out of the ordinary in terms of TSA hoopla and high alert.
You didn't see anything? Nothing happening in BOS yesterday. How could happening the suspicious bags at the bag room?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.