Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Airline Slogan: Free to Move About the Country"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2011, 10:31 am
Original Poster

I remember a Southwest Airlines slogan that used to run where they say in teh ad that "you are now free to move about the country." That ad does not appear to be running anymore. Southwest no longer has that video on their website either. Maybe that's because we really aren't able to freely move about the country anymore.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 10:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
..or they just changed their marketing slogan.

Simples.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 12:42 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
WN updated their marketing campaign over a year ago to feature 'actual' (in quotes because I don't know how true this is) WN staffers extolling the virtues of the carrier, with the tagline "It's On." The campaign has recently been revised again to feature WN 'staffers' as the jury in "Fee Court".

This is the normal course of events in advertising - slogans change. It had nothing to do with our perception of airport security. (I'd go so far to suggest that WN's target customer is probably in the 'anything for security' infrequent flier camp.)
Old Feb 8, 2011, 5:38 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by Critic
WN updated their marketing campaign over a year ago to feature 'actual' (in quotes because I don't know how true this is) WN staffers extolling the virtues of the carrier, with the tagline "It's On." The campaign has recently been revised again to feature WN 'staffers' as the jury in "Fee Court".

This is the normal course of events in advertising - slogans change. It had nothing to do with our perception of airport security. (I'd go so far to suggest that WN's target customer is probably in the 'anything for security' infrequent flier camp.)
Not sure I'd agree with your parenthetical at the end, but the rest of the post is spot on.

Personally, it might be appropriate for TSA to adopt a slight twist on DL's old slogan: "We get you..... there."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.