Complete List of Airports with Whole Body Imaging/Advanced Imaging Technology Scanner

Subscribe
Also, does anyone know the type currently used at ATL? I know they were one of the test airports for the L-3 ProVision millimeter wave scanners, however, I think I read somewhere that they were going to be switching to the Rapiscan backscatter X-ray scanners. Can anyone confirm that?
STL
There is now a backscatter machine in STL Terminal 2, lanes 2 & 3.

Lanes 1 & 4 still have the WTMDs, lanes 2 & 3 funnel into 1 backscatter machine.

People were self-selecting today. I opted for lane 4, but a lot of bleating sheep were lining up in lanes 2 & 3.
Quote: There is now a backscatter machine in STL Terminal 2, lanes 2 & 3.

Lanes 1 & 4 still have the WTMDs, lanes 2 & 3 funnel into 1 backscatter machine.

People were self-selecting today. I opted for lane 4, but a lot of bleating sheep were lining up in lanes 2 & 3.
Sounds like they set it up the same as Terminal 1/A. Fortunately, at least two weeks ago when I went through, the Elite/FC/Crew line dumps into lane 4, which is still WTMD.
IAD employee security has a backscatter machine newly installed, but not yet in use. Overheard UX crew discussing the possibility that it would become mandatory. If so, to getting strip-searched on my way to work.
Quote: Rapiscan Systems supplies the backscatter x-ray scanners.
What an amazingly appropriate name for that company.
SLC International Terminal now has a MMW scanner -

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/5...-body.html.csp

Which is a bummer because it is a descent terminal to use when Terminal 2 is backed up in the mornings.

The other scanner is x-ray backscatter in Terminal 2.

Terminal 1 is still WTMD only.
The north checkpoint at SEA (for the D & N Gates) now has them installed. They were not in use when I was there a couple days ago, but the machines are there.
UA's main checkpoint at LAX now has what looks like a back scatter machine in the combined Terminal 6/7 area. It is the security lane that is closest to Terminal 7 and the escalators up to the gate area.
At BOS terminal B US Air Shuttle gates last week they only had one lane open, which was NOS. I pointed to the roped off WTMD and suggested that I could use that instead. The guy told me that NOS is "primary" now.
MSP has <whole body scanner> installed at the Skyway (carry on only) security station at back of parking garage, near the light rail station and rental car counters. It was in use last week.

Also in use at IND for FF/expert traveler line.
My favorite talk show host has joined the crusade against TSA abuse.
On todays show he talked about how he was pulled aside by some TSA employees who were very upset with his comments.

http://clarkhoward.com/liveweb/shown...0/11/09/19699/
Quote: Also, does anyone know the type currently used at ATL? I know they were one of the test airports for the L-3 ProVision millimeter wave scanners, however, I think I read somewhere that they were going to be switching to the Rapiscan backscatter X-ray scanners. Can anyone confirm that?
No, I believe they do have 2 MMW at concourse E C/P after Customs & Immigrations. There is no backscatters at entire concourse E. I think they do have MMW at main checkpoint or south concourse. If you choosing go through to WTMD or MMW on left or right.
Folks, just a reminder to please PM me information about the airports. I don't always get emails when the thread is updated, so I miss out on the new info that is being posted here. In addition, it makes it much easier to update the list if it's in a PM.

Thanks for your help!
FlyerGuide wiki?
I have a vision to turn this resource into something comprehensive, detailed, polished, real-time, and understandable by ordinary travelers who don't frequent FlyerTalk. Given the continuing media attention and public interest in the story, such a resource could pick up lots of links from mainstream and social media. (Just one Drudge headline will work wonders: "Frequent Flyers Revolt, Publish List of <whole body> Scanner Locations") If enough flyers get access to this information, they'll quickly realize what a house of cards this whole NoS program is. And the List would definitely get the TSA's attention.

With this in mind, is there any interest in converting this information onto a wiki, say, on FlyerGuide? Would a wiki be polished enough to garner media links? Might a separate web site be required?

The obvious downside is that a wiki is unmoderated and the integrity of the information would have to be checked regularly. I appreciate the role that FS is playing in this regard. The upside is the creative force multiplier and consolidation of experiences at each airport. For instance, I'd be happy to write up a "how to fly scanner-free" page for each major metro area.@:-)
Quote: I have a vision to turn this resource into something comprehensive, detailed, polished, real-time, and understandable by ordinary travelers who don't frequent FlyerTalk. Given the continuing media attention and public interest in the story, such a resource could pick up lots of links from mainstream and social media. (Just one Drudge headline will work wonders: "Frequent Flyers Revolt, Publish List of <whole body> Scanner Locations") If enough flyers get access to this information, they'll quickly realize what a house of cards this whole NoS program is. And the List would definitely get the TSA's attention.

With this in mind, is there any interest in converting this information onto a wiki, say, on FlyerGuide? Would a wiki be polished enough to garner media links? Might a separate web site be required?

The obvious downside is that a wiki is unmoderated and the integrity of the information would have to be checked regularly. I appreciate the role that FS is playing in this regard. The upside is the creative force multiplier and consolidation of experiences at each airport. For instance, I'd be happy to write up a "how to fly scanner-free" page for each major metro area.@:-)
I agree that a WIKI might not be the best idea, especially due to the possibilities that it could be hiajcked by certain (cough tsa cough) people..

I'll PM you about some ideas.. I'd be happy to create a real website with this information. Then we could spread a link such as www.travelwbifree.org to various news agencies..