TSA director at Norfolk International Airport accused of not following procedures

Subscribe
http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-accuse...,7401119.story

Quote:
... Sources tell NewsChannel 3 that when Assistant Federal Security Director Larry Kumjian passed through initial security last week he was asked to submit to an additional screening.

A secondary screening can be random or brought on by an alarm. Kumjian allegedly declined a second screening citing TSA protocol. Sources close to the investigation tell NewsChannel 3 that TSA agents typically do not "second screen" their own.

TSA released this statement: "A full investigation into this matter is currently underway. Disciplinary action will be taken, if necessary."

When asked if there was a breach in security, TSA said, "The individual in question was fully screened and there was no security breach."
Quote: http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-accuse...,7401119.story
Must be good to be the king except when one of the lesser evil minions attempt a palace coup.
Uh-oh, looks like there will be a screener with a negative PASS score.
Good for the agent who filed a complaint.
What else is new?
But don't worry.

He had a background check.

So he must be trustworthy.
Sources close to the investigation tell NewsChannel 3 that TSA agents typically do not "second screen" their own.

"My first question in this job interview, Mr. Benlodden, is what has motivated you to seek employment with the TSA?"
"Only little people submit to screening."
The only silver lining to this story is the fact that it is part of a growing trend of media focus on the BS put out by TSA.
Quote:
When asked if there was a breach in security, TSA said, "The individual in question was fully screened and there was no security breach."
Bet this bravo-sierra would not be said if a regular passenger declined the secondary.

So, if we're fully screened, why is a secondary necessary?

Oh, wait, some folks are more equal than others.
Quote: The only silver lining to this story is the fact that it is part of a growing trend of media focus on the BS put out by TSA.
^ Lets hope it continues.
If he did not go through secondary after being advised than yes it was a breach, last time i checked.
Quote: If he did not go through secondary after being advised than yes it was a breach, last time i checked.
WHAT, a breach with no terminal dump?

If all the People in Washington are so sure that the TSA is doing such a great job worth billions, then why don't THEY go through security incognito just to show the American public that we are making mountains out of molehills? Then they should publish the pictures of their families after they have gone through the MMW.

The answer is that they know what's really going on, but they can't look like idiots, don't know how to fix the problems and they just don't give a da*n because it doesn't affect them.
At least now we all know that for ORF, just tell your screener "Larry sent me."
Quote: At least now we all know that for ORF, just tell your screener "Larry sent me."
moe, larry, the cheese
moe, larry, the cheese

sorry, i just couldn't resist tho the larry i reference would be more fitting when referring to the tsa, ne'st pas?