Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying from Nuevo Laredo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2011, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Question Flying from Nuevo Laredo

I have heard flying from Mexico City to Europe is actually a friendly experience. Has anyone(Texans) considered flying from a border town(Mexican) for international travel? Surely the blue shirted pervs haven't made their way there yet?
Old Mar 8, 2011, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Touch Menot
I have heard flying from Mexico City to Europe is actually a friendly experience. Has anyone(Texans) considered flying from a border town(Mexican) for international travel? Surely the blue shirted pervs haven't made their way there yet?
I wouldn't bank on it....random and everywhere, you know!
Old Mar 8, 2011, 9:02 pm

I flew from Cancún to Gatwick a few weeks ago and can't even remember what happened in security, so I assume it was the standard stroll through a metal detector. Of course, that doesn't mean that everyone would have the same experience.

For what it's worth, on my way back I very stupidly left my cell phone in my pocket when I walked through the Gatwick metal detector. Instead of getting a full-on grope by sullen TSOs, I was politely asked if it was possible that I had something in my pocket, which of course I did. I revealed my stupidity, I got a quick and polite wanding, and I was on my way.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by DeafBlonde
I wouldn't bank on it....random and everywhere, you know!
No TSA in Mexico.

Security will be quick and painless. However, flying through MEX won't be cheap, and since MEX-to-EU flights cross US airspace, they are subject to US no-fly lists, etc. Also, getting to the airport in a "war zone"...

Years ago I used CJS to get to El Paso - I would not risk that anymore.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Bob'sYourUncle
Also, getting to the airport in a "war zone"...

Exactly.

If you were to fly from a Mexican border town for international travel, you should pick your border town of choice very carefully.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.5.0.138 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by uncertaintraveler
Originally Posted by Bob'sYourUncle
Also, getting to the airport in a "war zone"...

Exactly.

If you were to fly from a Mexican border town for international travel, you should pick your border town of choice very carefully.
I'm not sure I would want to fly in or out of a border town in anything other than an F-16.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.5.0.138 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I'm not sure I would want to fly in or out of a border town in anything other than an F-16.
I'm thinkin B-52.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by nachtnebel
I'm thinkin B-52.
Nah, an A-10 is the tool for the job.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.