Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Who picks up the tab for El Al's ground security?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2008, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold

This may seem like a silly question, but bear with me. During recent travels through Germany, I happened to be at the airports at the same times that the El Al flights were on the ground (MUC and FRA). In both cases, the German border police had an armored personel carrier looking vehicle prominently on display in the immediate vicinity of the aircraft. I have not noticed this in other European locations, such as CDG on LHR. In the states, all I've ever seen at EWR is a small van with a few people in it watching the plane.

So who foots the bill for this? Is this the German government's doing, or is it something specifically requested by El Al? I understand the concerns of El Al for its aircraft, but are they paying the German government to have this extra security on hand for their airplanes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.