Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS, GE and SENTRI members pre-clearance area interviews

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2010, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Marriott Titanium Elite, Formerly UA 1K and Hertz President's Circle

Are NEXUS, GE and SENTRI members typically subject to the same interview process that a non-member goes through when entering a country?

Recently I've been traveling between Toronto and Chicago. I've never noticed anyone using the kiosks entering Canada but I have seen them used entering the U.S. Last time I paid attention the members just handed their declarations form to the officer at the exit. However I thought another time there was an interviewing officer in a booth located by the kiosks and each member went through what appeared to be the same sort of interview a non-member typically goes through.

I have a meeting scheduled at a NEXUS enrollment center. Is part of the initial enrollment interview to ask some of the same questions?
Old Sep 8, 2010, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RhoadWarrior
Are NEXUS, GE and SENTRI members typically subject to the same interview process that a non-member goes through when entering a country?
You're subject to whatever they deem necessary. All three of those programs (two of which I am a member of) are trusted traveler programs, not a free pass.

Recently I've been traveling between Toronto and Chicago. I've never noticed anyone using the kiosks entering Canada but I have seen them used entering the U.S. Last time I paid attention the members just handed their declarations form to the officer at the exit. However I thought another time there was an interviewing officer in a booth located by the kiosks and each member went through what appeared to be the same sort of interview a non-member typically goes through.
Sometimes the machines go bust. Seldom do I see a bank of three machines or more that are all working.

It makes sense that you see them used more going into the US pre-clearance area because people do not come to the machines in an organized fashion (such as just getting off an airplane....when those NEXUS machines going into Canada are used). People going through US pre-clearance could arrive anywhere from 60 minutes to a few hours in advance of their flight.

I have a meeting scheduled at a NEXUS enrollment center. Is part of the initial enrollment interview to ask some of the same questions?
They'll ask things like why you need NEXUS, countries you have traveled to in the past five years, and maybe a couple of other random questions. It's rather painless, unless there's something unusual in your profile (having lived in a foreign country for an extended period of time, for example).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.