Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Security stickers they put on your passport

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2006, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Absolutely hate the things. I always remove them as soon as I've boarded.

At the same time, I'm relieve that nobody's (yet, to my knowledge) tried making them larger and selling advertising space on them.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 8:16 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Onepass, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club
Originally Posted by bneoma
At the same time, I'm relieve that nobody's (yet, to my knowledge) tried making them larger and selling advertising space on them.
Quit giving them ideas!

I have a couple of them on my passport, still there because I really don't care. Can't remember if I had to play 20 Questions before I got the stickers, though. Maybe it's a prize? @:-)
Old Dec 30, 2006, 9:39 pm

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Deimos
Where do you guys get these stickers?

<list snipped>

...and I have NEVER gotten a sticker on my passport. In a few (very few) occasions I have received a sticker or stamp on my boarding pass prior to boarding, but never anything on my passport.
The reason you haven't received any stickers is because you didn't fly any US carriers to the US.

I always get the stickers & the lovely ICTS interview when flying DL, NW, CO, etc. from Europe to the US. The back of my passport is covered with them and I don't bother taking them off anymore because, as others have mentioned, they're very sticky.

The exception seems to be transiting AMS with NW, the sticker is just put on the back of the Boarding Pass if they use one (I don't believe they've ever put one on my passport there).
Old Dec 30, 2006, 10:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Same here. Also I never take stickers off my suitcase.
Ditto.

In fact, the very first day the TSA were in position at my home airport, the friendly officer at UA elite check-in helpfully tried to take those stickers off. Annoyed me to no end. It's not his job and frankly, it's one more way for me to tell my bag from others (in the rare event it gets gate-checked) -- especially when my FT tag goes AWOL.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 11:48 pm

Programs: LH SEN
I got lots of those stickers flying LH out of FRA... but never out of MUC, although they also have this stupid passport control *airside* and after the actual German passport control.
Old Dec 31, 2006, 3:47 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh
I'm not too crazy about the "goons" doing the u.s. government's bidding and asking idiotic questions but the stickers as someone else mentioned are kind of like an announcement to immigration officers, airline staff and others not to mess with you because you are a seasoned traveler.
In my cases, the size of the passport -- actually the number of stamps -- makes that announcement more than looking at the back of the passport. No one's going to look at the back of my passport and guess that I'm a frequent traveller .... but take one look at my passport and the immigration people increasingly say something like "you don't need another stamp", "you must live on a plane", and other such things.
Old Dec 31, 2006, 4:08 am

You folks would do well to take your passport and apply a very thin coat of VASELINE (or chapstick)(NOT kyjelly) to the outside and the stickers, if they stick at all will be easy to remove.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.