Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Empty water bottle to be filled on plane???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2006, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by PatrickHenry1775
I imagine that flight attendants merely fill water bottles with H20 from the tanks on the airliner.
At the risk of tooting CO's horn, in my many years, I've been forced to serve tank water only A COUPLE of times. EVERY time we let the pax know that it was such, and offered an alternative. I understand peoples' paranoia over tank water but on CO at least, rest assured that we're obsessive about having enough bottled water.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 12:20 am
cpx

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by pptp
rest assured that we're obsessive about having enough bottled water.
are you sure about that? on CO between EWR-DEL I was told
they were running low on water during two separate trips. Not a way to
treat their platinums.
I generally skip meals on the flights, but I drink plenty of water.
I ditched CO for UA as my primary FF airline.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, National Exec
Originally Posted by justageek

Also, keep in mind that the whole reason for the water ban is that Chertoff and Hawley think it is easy for someone to manufactuer the manufacturer's plastic seal and cerrations on the cap of a bottled water bottle (after they put the liquid explosives into the bottle, of course). Ergo, using their logic, you shouldn't believe it's real "bottled water" even if you see the FA break the seal right in front of your eyes!
This is my question. Is there any evidence or any reason to beleive the airlenes are doing exactly that: purposely deceiving flyers.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
plenty

Originally Posted by pistonsdc
This is my question. Is there any evidence or any reason to beleive the airlenes are doing exactly that: purposely deceiving flyers.
of eye witness acounts all over FT. Years of accounts, some very recent.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by PatrickHenry1775
Hellooo, McFly? With apologies to "Back to the Future", what do you think flight attendants do when the new, sealed water bottles run out? I do not want to burst your bubble, but I imagine that flight attendants merely fill water bottles with H20 from the tanks on the airliner. A recent study found that a large percentage of those tanks were contaminated with e. coli bacteria. The effects of many strains of e. coli are miserable - stomach cramps, fever, diarrhea, and other wonderful gastrointestinal problems.
Sorry, Biff. What was I thinking . . . and I'll have those reports done by tomorrow morning.

Just as pptp stated, if the FA runs out of bottled and plans to use tap, they should let the passenger know. This has been my experience on AA and other airlines. However, I realize this may not always be the case.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by oldpenny16
of eye witness acounts all over FT. Years of accounts, some very recent.
There are eyewitness accounts of airline employees filling bottles and then resealing them? This is what I am asking.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by pistonsdc
There are eyewitness accounts of airline employees filling bottles and then resealing them? This is what I am asking.
Now how in the world would we do that???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.