Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pat-downs rubbing fliers wrong way

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2004, 6:47 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M
Original Poster

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Pat-downs rubbing fliers wrong way

Dallas Morning News Article

"In the old days, the indignities of air travel involved intrusive elbows from seatmates and toddlers kicking your seatback.

In the last few years, they included removing your shoes to get through security and having your nail clippers confiscated...

"...David Stempler, president of the Air Travelers Association, said he has heard rumblings among his members, primarily passengers expressing concern and surprise about the screenings.

"The issue is: What's the alternative?" he said. "Until we have a better plan, we really don't have an alternative."

David Stempler once again attempts to speak for air travelers. Rest assured, this balloonhead does not speak for me. There is a perfectly viable alternative: NOT HARASSING THE PASSENGERS. Use the EntryScan3.

"Traveler Debra Quarton-Pryce isn't convinced that the skies are safer. But she is certain that the searches are shameful.

The California resident was subjected to the screening last month before boarding a flight from San Francisco to Vancouver. The screener "was touching all of my rear. She was touching all of my breast area. That's when I said, 'Wait a minute.' "

TSA employees are permitted to touch passengers' most sensitive areas – breasts, buttocks and genitals – with the back of their hands. But the process seemed invasive and unnecessary, Ms. Quarton-Pryce said.

"You're not going to stop any terrorists this way," she said. "You're just humiliating people."

100% Correct. You should be ashamed of yourself, Admiral Stone. Report to Pyongyang, you traitor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.