Community
Wiki Posts
Search

traveling abroad--help, please!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2012, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

traveling abroad--help, please!

I am traveling from Pittsburgh to the Dominican Republic at the end of next month. For the flight information, my boyfriend misspelled my middle name as "Anne" when it is really "Ann" (first and middle names are correct). My passport obviously has "Ann." I spoke to the airline and travel agent and they are not willing to go in and change this, but rather put in a note for when I check in at the airport, if there would be an issue. The travel agent assures me this won't cause a big problem for me traveling, but I am concerned.

I am not worried about getting on the plane to go into the Dominican, but am worried about when I am over in the Dominican and come back into the states. Customs doesn't have anything to do with airline tickets, right? As long as I have my passport I should be cleared that way. Then I figure if I get to the airport in the Dominican and for some reason they won't let me board with the roundtrip ticket I already have, could I just purchase a new one way ticket home under the correct spelling of my name? I know I'd be out some money, but that would work in the worst case scenario, right? I just am worried about being stuck in the DR and not being able to get back into the US.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Don't worry about it, it will be a non-issue.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 2:52 pm

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

As rubesl said, don't worry about it. This happens all the time, and I'd be shocked (that's an understatement) if something like an extra "e" caused any problems at all, especially in the middle name. I assume you meant the first and last name were spelled correctly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.