Search

Machu Picchu as a honeymoon destiny?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2012, 9:39 pm
Ambassador: Peru
Original Poster

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Machu Picchu as a honeymoon destiny?

I haven't read comments like this before; I was a bit surprised a magazine for brides chose the Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge as the second best hotel in this continent for a honeymoon . Anyway I guess it depends on interests of each couple. I think Cusco and Machu Picchu would be a great place for a honeymoon if you love history, mystical, and nature.

In the election participated some 7,000 travel agents. I couldn't find the article in the brides.com website, but it's in several peruvian news websites. The first place went to Four Seasons in Península Papagayo, Costa Rica

http://news.machupicchu.com.pe/node/501
Old May 20, 2012, 9:45 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Villavic
I think Cusco and Machu Picchu would be a great place for a honeymoon if you love history, mystical, and nature.
You nailed it! I think the dynamic of a honeymoon is changing as honeymooners become more sophisticated. Honeymoons are becoming less about luxury, getting pampered and lazing on a beach and more about having that big dream holiday that you have always wanted, whether it be Machu Picchu, trekking the Sierra Nevada del Cocuy, Learning tango in BsAs, travelling through Siberia on a train etc.

Doesn't surprise me one bit that Machu Picchu is a major honeymoon destination for lots of people
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:35 am

Not surprised either. I had tempered expectations going in but Machu Picchu lived up to the hike and more. It was truly magical and I can see why it would make a fabulous honeymoon destination. Just shows that folks are getting more creative!

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
You nailed it! I think the dynamic of a honeymoon is changing as honeymooners become more sophisticated. Honeymoons are becoming less about luxury, getting pampered and lazing on a beach and more about having that big dream holiday that you have always wanted, whether it be Machu Picchu, trekking the Sierra Nevada del Cocuy, Learning tango in BsAs, travelling through Siberia on a train etc.

Doesn't surprise me one bit that Machu Picchu is a major honeymoon destination for lots of people
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Well, my honeymoon was in an Amazon jungle lodge, so I don't see anything wrong with Machu Picchu.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 6:02 pm

Programs: United, Delta, Southwest, AA, IHG, Starwood, Hilton
I'd pick the Inkaterra Pueblo hotel over the Sanctuary Lodge though for a romantic honeymoon. Or one night at the latter to get into the ruins without the crowds, then go down to the superior hotel. Or out to the Sacred Valley, which is still more romantic, in my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.